Does anyone on here have actual

Larry Fry
[subject]
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 10:25 (2343 days ago)

hands on experience with the FN five seven? How does it perform as far as range and pass through's? Gun is not intended for hunting except for maybe varmints. (Four or two legged). I would appreciate any feedback.

I had one

Ed
[subject]
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 10:38 (2343 days ago) @ Larry Fry

a couple years ago. It was very accurate and very lite recoil. It is basically built on a Hornet case. I know they say it fit well with the semi rifle for swat breaching entrees. They carry the same ammo for both. I sold mine because it was just to see kind of a thing.

Bought 2 of them.

Ken Lewis
[subject]
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 10:52 (2343 days ago) @ Larry Fry

One for me, and one for who knows why. They were difficult to obtain at the time. Very accurate as previously mentioned. I've only fired it at distances up to 25 yards, and only at paper but very well pleased with performance using FN 40 grain factory ammo. There is a warning given by FN about reloading. They advise NOT TO DO IT. My only complaint is that I am not aware of any scope mounts for the pistol. Maybe someone on this forum knows of one.

It's not a locked breech gun, blowback.

WB
[subject]
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 12:02 (2343 days ago) @ Larry Fry

That's what hamstrings it's power and effectiveness. From what I can find it's marginally better than a .22 WMR due to having rifle like projectiles. I shot one at HHC a few times. Feels like shooting a .22 to me, but really loud. I'm not sure what it would be good for myself. Roman wants one bad for whatever reason, I'd prefer a Kel-Tec .22 WMR myself at 1/3 the cost.

The reason for "no reloads" are that block-back action. It's REAL tricky loading for a blow-back. Too much so for the masses for sure! You don't want it opening before pressures drop below where you won't rupture a case! Too much liability.

FN5seven

Winn
[subject]
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 12:05 (2343 days ago) @ Larry Fry

I have one. I was intrigued by the magazine capacity. Since it is a well known fact that I can't hit shit ( the dreaded CHS ) 20 rds, low recoil work for me. Probably works well unless your target is on PCP.

Shot one a few times. Grip seemed a little

ChrisG
[subject]
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 14:10 (2343 days ago) @ Larry Fry

long(front to back) and awkward. They seem overpriced. Sometimes Gary will sell a full custom HP or 1911 for not much more. . .which seems a much better deal. . .

Thanks for the info. I have an opportunity

Larry Fry
[subject]
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 15:05 (2343 days ago) @ Larry Fry

to get one but was not sure if it was really worth the price. Think I will save up for a conversion. I NEED a 218 Bee or a 327 conversion and a 410 conversion.......LOL

we have had a bunch of them over at our shop

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 15:24 (2343 days ago) @ Larry Fry

I wasn't impressed. Just another plastic fantastic wonder. Someone started the story that the secret service used them which I have never been able to prove or disprove. I have handled and shot quite a few of them. When the feds said we could not have the steel core rounds, then everybody had to have the gun with the steel core ammo (SS109?). Does not impress me at all. But whatever floats your boat.