Ruger .480 Bisley work

Ronnie
[subject]
Sunday, November 12, 2017, 20:17 (2350 days ago)

I would like to get some work done on my Ruger SBH Bisley .480 5 shot revolver. I really like the looks of one you did that was posted here: http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/16435/encore-64s-480-reeder-refinements

I would like to have the same done to my gun, same front sight, action job, throating, target crown, micarta grips. The only change would be an overall matte finish and just polish the hammer, screws and base pin. Can you give me an estimate on time and cost?

no problem. One thing though. The grips are

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Sunday, November 12, 2017, 23:18 (2350 days ago) @ Ronnie

white Corian. I have dropped micarta due to it fraying at the edges. Also it is not an 11 degree crown. It is our own Deep Dish Crown, one we have been using since 1987. The action job, the Maxi Throat and the Deep Dish Crown are guaranteed to cut your groups in half. The things you mentioned add up to $775 plus shipping back, totaling $815. Two to three months on delivery in most cases.
[image]

[image]

Thanks!

Ronnie
[subject]
Monday, November 13, 2017, 05:21 (2349 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Thanks Gary! One more question, do you use American Holly for Grips?

Ronnie, I have no idea what that is. We have all kinds of

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, November 13, 2017, 10:41 (2349 days ago) @ Ronnie

exotic wood in stock but none of that.

480 Ruger

Ronnie
[subject]
Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 07:09 (2348 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Thanks Gary. I will give you a call about sending it in. American Holly looks a lot like Ivory and ages like it too. I will have to decide between the Corian or a nice set of Walnut.

Ronnie, that was one of the first 12 SBH 480s...

Huey
[subject]
Monday, November 13, 2017, 05:07 (2350 days ago) @ Ronnie

To ship from Lipseys. Obviously, there were some that shipped to gunwriters, etc. But, that was one of the original dozen shipped to customers.

I also believe it was the first one ever customized. It still ranks high on my list of favorite revolvers.

Hope you enjoy yours as well as I have mine.