I am getting ready to order a new G2 Stls. frame

WB
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 17:03 (2379 days ago)

They (TC/S&W group) are having a $75 rebate and I find that hard to pass up. I gave Roman my Blue G2 chassis and still have an old G1 frame from 1974. Even so I'll be really pissed if it is a total cluster for fitting a majority of my barrels. Alas, but one struggles to live in the past...

Let's look at it like this. I have yet to see a TC frame,

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 17:44 (2379 days ago) @ WB

G-2 or Encore that fit current barrels without a bit of fitting. Just like the MOA, the FA 2008, the RPM, and so on, they all need fitting. We got several G-2 frames in over the last week or so and all the new barrels had to be fit to them. Get used to it.

Yep, I'm already tempering my dissapointment

WB
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 17:56 (2379 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

and any to the contrary will be a real blessing and joy! That's how I'm going to work it. I found a guy that will get one to me for $375 tax and all. So with the consumer rebate that puts me at three bills! I think I can fit my own barrels. Lots of Prussian blue...

I had some issues with an Encore long ago but polished away some proud metal on the frame which fixed it. I understand some of the G2 issues may be locking bolt related?

that and the internal ridge just inside the frame

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 18:04 (2379 days ago) @ WB

about 3/8" down from the top edge. Quite often it sticks out too much and the barrel rubs badly on it. Take a bit off the front edge of it and most barrels will fit then.

I'll take note of it. You have 2 B careful hard to put back

WB
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 18:33 (2379 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

even if you took a bit too much off, it wouldn't

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 19:44 (2379 days ago) @ WB

matter as the barrel is held in place by the barrel pin. The sides of the frame don't do anything except cover up the lower sides of the barrel and the lug.