Hi-Power Clones???

Dave H.
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 06:21 (2379 days ago)

Its all over the InterWeb that Browning is no longer producing the HP, apparently the tooling is just worn out beyond all repair. That said, I know there *must* be clones that exist. Who makes a good quality HP clone that is worth having? Thanks for your opinions.

Gary can answer that better than I, but,

Drdougrx
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 08:22 (2379 days ago) @ Dave H.

I have an FM Detective that is an Argentine HP. Descent machining, pretty well made, compact size with a full sized grip grams and a shortened slide. I like it very much and will be sending it to Gary for some magic!

[image]

Nice Doug!

ChrisG
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 09:50 (2379 days ago) @ Drdougrx

- No text -

High power

Winn
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 10:09 (2379 days ago) @ ChrisG

Gary does an amazing job on the IDF 9s. Jump on one, I have 3 and they are stellar.

Gave in to temptation and bought an Ultimate

ChrisG
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 13:55 (2379 days ago) @ Winn

last spring and it is fantastic! I've been fiddling with a 45 Bisley lately but I have 250 or 300 rds of 9mm loaded up and ready to put through the Hi Power in the next couple of weeks. . .

like Winn says below, we have a contract with the Israelis

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 10:40 (2379 days ago) @ Dave H.

when they trade them in for new guns. We have built around 45 of them already in semi custom and full custom guns. A new Hi Power on the internet is well over $1200 in most cases and they are rough, needing action jobs etc. You can get a custom Belgium Hi Power for about that price. I would go with a Belgium Hi Power before I would go for a clone.
Here are some we have done...each of these are different guns. Similar but different.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Well . . . maybe not . . .

ORG
[subject]
Saturday, October 21, 2017, 11:52 (2379 days ago) @ Dave H.