The littlest .429 GNR...

WB
[subject]
Sunday, October 15, 2017, 13:55 (2378 days ago)

Roman at HHC was drawn to an outrageous little stub barrel for the Encore. Finally with some pleading aided by a generous discount from the owner it was procured as a reminder of the HHC event. I had some visions and thoughts of an ultra compact belt gun single shot hunting handgun. But honestly it didn't quite look like this. Roman is totally excited. So much so that he had to fire it off sans sights. We will add a custom forend, solid DDT scope mounting, and optic.

The 7-5/8" barrel was a crowd pleaser for sure.

[image]

[image]

One tiny easily fixed detail was added to the personalize list to configure it for hunting. It needed a fresh heavy duty bolt spring. With so little weight the recoil is blindingly fast and kicks out from under the locking bolts due to an old spring. Probably with a scope added it would not but it shows a good informational point.

[image]

It take only about 3 minutes to change the bolt spring using only a nail and light tapping hammer. I ordered a (5) pack on the net of HD bolt springs. They fit either the Encore or G2 both, very handy. I think they were $3 each. Wolff also sells them. If you ever have a pop open it's past maintenance time to replace the spring. Maintenance varies with rounds fired, type of loads, and barrel configuration. Not a big worry, and you really don;t need to trouble a Gunsmith. FYI.

Old spring on left, HD is longer on right.
[image]

All my barrels have a heavy duty spring

Randy Barnett
[subject]
Sunday, October 15, 2017, 14:18 (2378 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Put a crimson trace on it!

Amede
[subject]
Sunday, October 15, 2017, 16:35 (2378 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Lol.....here’s my 429 doing donuts!