Just received word my company is moving to Windows 10.

Gus S.
[subject]
Thursday, October 12, 2017, 10:29 (2360 days ago)

This is going be a hell of a mess. But, watching a Fortune 500 company do a complete switch over on a 6 month time frame is going to be entertaining (and horrible).

I quit whining about it on here but it is still such a mess

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, October 12, 2017, 10:55 (2360 days ago) @ Gus S.

and I haven't found some of my folders yet. I had 2 young computer nerds come in and they thought Windows 10 was the greatest thing since barnyard sex. They wanted me to change everything I was doing and go completely to W-10. On W-10 I have to do 3 or 4 things every time I go to a folder or a certain page whereas before I could just click on "Pictures" and it is there. But one of these young nerds screwed up my computer even worse than it was before he got there. He said my previous way of doing things was outdated and I needed to get rid of some of my picture folders and other things that to him were duplicating themselves. If he saw 10 pictures of custom revolvers, he thought I should delete 9 of them as they, to him, were just duplicates, even though they were totally different series, different calibers etc.

Good luck on yours. Get ready for headaches.

Well, I'm lucky I'm an IT guy,..

Gus S.
[subject]
Thursday, October 12, 2017, 11:21 (2360 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

.. I got myself put on the last list of folks to make the move. But think about this. Over 12,000 Computers, 4 shop floor manufacturing systems, 3rd party apps, hundreds of proprietary systems that were custom built in house and then moving to Win 10 on a 6 mo. time frame. And that's just in the North America. This isn't a slow move introduced just on new machines. They're letting MS upgrade us all via the web. It's gonna be worse that a headache. It'll be an ass kicking.

SO REALLY

BUCKWHEAT
[subject]
Thursday, October 12, 2017, 12:26 (2360 days ago) @ Gus S.

YOU CAN DOUBLE THAT AND ADD AT LEAST 10% TO THE TIME FRAME
TOSS IN POSSIBLE DIFFERENCES IN NETWORK SPEED & MISC DIFFICULTIES (NETWORK SECURITY DUDES FREAKING OUT OVER REAL & IMAGINED INTRYUSIONS CAUSE BY UPGRADES) AND WHO KNOWS !
HAVE FUN