Kalashnikov gets a statue. Do we have one of Browning?

Walter L.
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 15:05 (2409 days ago)

I think in N. California they have a statue of Lenin

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 15:14 (2409 days ago) @ Walter L.

how's that? The ultimate in stupidity.

ISN'T HE THE PATRON SAINT OF KALIFORNIA

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 15:32 (2409 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

yep, Lenin and Jane Fonda

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 15:37 (2409 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

Time to march and tear that one down, revising history etc.

SPB
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 16:04 (2409 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

There is a 7 ton statue of Lenin in

DeLoss
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 17:49 (2409 days ago) @ SPB

Seattle,WA that was brought over from Slovakia after their revolution in 1989 by a man from Seattle area.2 lbs. of C-4 would greatly improve the looks of Lenin's statue.

several years ago Kalashnikov and Uzi Gal were at

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 15:30 (2409 days ago) @ Walter L.

the SHOT SHOW. Colleen, Kase and I were asked to come upstairs to meet them. This was in 1999 or 2000. Both were old men but nice as could be. I was very surprised that they knew who we were. Both said they read American gun magazines and were familiar with our work. Uzi Gal was the inventor of the UZI and the Galil rifle, while Mikhail Kalashnikov was of course the inventor of the rifle that bears his name. We spent a couple of hours with them. Gal was pissed that the Chinese at Norinco had a copy of the Uzi under development and Kalashnikov wasn't happy that terrorists and so many bad guys were using his rifle. They both joked with each other that the other's guns were used against their people. But it was all light hearted and not vindictive. I will admit to being very impressed with both gentlemen and consider myself blessed to have met both these gentlemen.

A friend of mine is Russian and grew up in the town

Howard
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 16:59 (2409 days ago) @ Walter L.

where the Kalashnikov plant is. He said when he was a kid, Kalashnikov was a guest speaker at their school. He didn't appreciate who he was at the time. Amazing huh? Wonder if Gene Stoner was guest speaker at schools here.