Win 94

Eric &. T
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2017, 08:43 (2383 days ago)

[image]

Top one is a parkerized and the newest of the four built in late 70s. It has mismatched wood but T really likes it and this is the one that's going to be a 355 GNR.

The next one down was also made in the 70s and it has beautiful wood.

The next two are pre 64. Notice the flat barrel band on the bottom one.

Went to the gun show over Saturday and Sunday. Only so much cash you pull out at one time!

Take care

Squirrley

P.s. The early white rifle is a prototype. The recoil is horrendous.

NO one will care what you do to the post 64's

WB
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2017, 09:39 (2383 days ago) @ Eric &. T

but boy are those Pre-64's slick! Not sure what the mechanical differences are but the fitment and feel is different. I'd love to have a Pre done up in .400 GNR. One up on a .38-55 or .375 Win. All I need is about $1500 turn key.

the differences were minor. It was just a bunch of old farts

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2017, 21:37 (2382 days ago) @ WB

that couldn't stand any changes, no matter if they were better or not. For a hunting gun, I would just as soon have a post 64 as a pre 64. Just like when the Brownings began to be made in Japan, every old goat in the world started bitching. The fact is the Jap guns were and are better guns. The old tooling in Belgium was worn out and the guns coming out were loose. The Jap guns were hand fitted, hand checkered and were made of a much better steel. But you couldn't tell the old goats that refused to accept any change.

the main change was later, mid '70s if I remember right

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2017, 23:39 (2382 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

they went to a cheaper casting of the action and it was almost like a pot metal. Still strong but ugly and required a baked on paint finish.

WHO COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED THE JAPANESE

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 07:31 (2382 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

WOULD MAKE BETTER WINCHESTERS THAN WINCHESTER? SAME WITH THE ITALIANS. THEIR WINCHESTERS OUT-WINCHESTER WINCHESTER.

I may be going blind but just looking at that pic

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, September 18, 2017, 10:57 (2383 days ago) @ Eric &. T

makes my eyes cross plus there is no top or bottom gun. Let's try it this way..still blurry to me but Squirrely took the pic, so ....
[image]