more flaws coming out concerning the Sig 320

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 17:09 (2417 days ago)

that the Army chose as the service sidearm...Yes, Sig offered to fix any of them and upgrade them with new internals but if Sig was the absolute best why aren't any of the semi autos today also having these problems. A company in Omaha did more testing and Sig was not the best...

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/08/14/omaha-outdoors-follows-p320-drop-test/?utm_sou...

That's not good. Hop they get it fixed.

SPB
[subject]
Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:35 (2417 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

That's easy, put a 15# return trigger spring on it.

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 20:16 (2417 days ago) @ SPB

Then it would be about like the rest of the crap around. But with shorter trigger travel...

How about not dropping it on rocks or concrete?!

these guns are for our troops in combat. No way

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 20:28 (2417 days ago) @ WB

to tell them not to drop it or hit the muzzle on something. For the troops sake I do hope they get this thing fixed.

I understand and agree. They say the trigger is a delight

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 08:22 (2416 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

for that type of gun. Very short take up and low poundage of pull. But that is also what is allowing inertia to let it fire by dropping on a hard surface. I figure a major re-engineering of systems might be needed. Rubber beavertail? LOL Man I sure don't know but it will be interesting.

Kinda makes me wonder . . .

ORG
[subject]
Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 09:35 (2416 days ago) @ WB

. . . how the SIGs passed the "grueling" government qualification tests against other guns.

I sorta smell some seafood here, not too surprising in government purchasing ventures.

They cooked it, froze it, mud, dropped from a plane,

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 12:30 (2416 days ago) @ ORG

but just don't drop it on a concrete floor at a precise 42 degree angle from X feet or it "can" fire. It's a bit over dramatized to me, but in this day and age it's necessary to avoid a re-do of the Remington M700 problem we mentioned a day or two ago.

If the notice and rework saves ONE life it would be worth it for sure.

Recall

Allen
[subject]
Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 11:55 (2416 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Per popularmilitary.com

Sig Sauer assured the Army’s pistol is not affect by the recall but did not state whether the XM17 is prone to accidental discharges under similar circumstances. Unlike the P320, the XM17 does have external safeties, which were required by the government contract.

“The M17 variant of the P320, selected by the U.S. government as the U.S. Army’s Modular Handgun System (MHS), is not affected by the Voluntary Upgrade,” stated the press release.