This was a year ago today, after emergency surgery

Dan marchel
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 12:07 (2461 days ago)

[image]
at 2;30 in the morning. All I can say is if you should be carrying and don't...bad things can happen.

What?! You petting Alligators again?

WB
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 12:19 (2461 days ago) @ Dan marchel

Got to be a story there somewhere I didn't hear.

Dan just got married and obviously found out he

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 12:51 (2461 days ago) @ WB

wasn't the head of the household...

An old Y-O bar room story from Gus

WB
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 13:22 (2461 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

This taxidermy guy in Anchorage got a Safari client's Croc to do up full size. He could not obtain any glass Crocodile eyes to use so he substituted some Sheep eyes! It was quite the attraction and no one knew otherwise. LOL

sort of hard to find alligators in Alaska

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 13:03 (2461 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

You don't go to the outhouse at 2:30 am

Lol
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 14:19 (2460 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

in Alaska without some kind of protection.

Cookie jar lid malfunction? Lol

Jk
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 12:58 (2461 days ago) @ Dan marchel

Dang only bad stuff happens after midnight, real bad stuff at 2:30am! Hope your all healed!

Glad you are better.

SPB
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 13:06 (2461 days ago) @ Dan marchel

- No text -

I hope everything healed well.

Brent Foy
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 13:27 (2461 days ago) @ Dan marchel

- No text -

The initial injury happened 3 days before.

Dan marchel
[subject]
Friday, July 21, 2017, 17:26 (2460 days ago) @ Dan marchel

The antibiotics the ER gave me didn't work and an infection set in. The cause was due to a dog bite. I got injured and my dog kicked the other one's ass. The only blood on Blue was mine.

I have good days and bad days, but mostly good. It took over 2 months before I got any grip strength back. By october I could barely shoot a .22 pistol. I missed hunting season. Couldn;t even use my chainsaw last fall.

It's difficult not to get involved in a dog fight

WB
[subject]
Saturday, July 22, 2017, 09:58 (2460 days ago) @ Dan marchel

I made the mistake when I was 15. My Great Dane and Collie tore into each other. Everything was fine then total crazy! It was reflex to jump in myself and beat them on the heads with my bare hands. MISTAKE! The great Dane bit my wrist, one canine tooth penetrated to the bone (actually beside it and all the tendons, thankfully) and the other was angled to just graze the flesh. The Collie nabbed the fingers on both hands lightning quick.

I got loose almost as fast. My memory still remarks at the incredible pressure on my wrist. Other than that I had no pain. MY blood was everywhere and the collie had a badly torn ear. But both dogs were broke up and wagging tails! All cool.

I had to go to the ER where they told me how lucky I was no bones were broken or muscles/tendons damaged. They irrigated the puncture and torn finger flesh, bandaged me up. I got a painful tetanus shot too, maybe an antibiotic shot? They had to call the police I remember and we talked to them filing a formal report which was required. I was instructed to keep the dog up for 10 days.

Just MY dog fight story. I tell the kids not to EVER get involved but it's just an instinctive reflex. The dogs don't know what they are doing during a fight and your chances of getting hurt are crazy high. Been there done that...

congrats

its me
[subject]
Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 19:21 (2456 days ago) @ Dan marchel

hope you're getting better---congrats on your soon to be one year wedding anniversary