The 10mm Trail Gun arrived today....

Huey
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 12:18 (7 days ago)

It absolutely exceeds all hopes. It measures out like any fine custom gun. Action is tight but smooth. Barrel gap is none existent.

Best of all, the throats are all perfect .401". This matters (even though Gary probably won't agree) because of the bullet I want to shoot.

I doubt this gun will ever see anything besides the Berry's Hybrid bullets. This bullet is simply amazing in performance. I bought 1000 just to go with this gun.

A big thanks to Gary, Nate and the rest of his crew.

We will be anxious to hear of how

John W
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:02 (7 days ago) @ Huey

well it shoots.

I'll report here, but expect it to perform great...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:07 (7 days ago) @ John W

Sadly, the first thing I do is measure a gun. It doesn't always guarantee accuracy, but more times than not it does.

The headspace, barrel gap, throats, etc are pure art work.

Gary's crew left the action crisp, but very smooth. Just what works best for me.

All of my Trail Guns have been excellent.

10 mm

Alcorn
[subject]
Saturday, May 20, 2017, 07:07 (6 days ago) @ Huey

Huey, have you read the customer reports on that 180gr. Berry hybrid bullet? Sounds kinda soft to me. I have had great luck with the Hornady 180gr. XTP.

I've read the reports and tried them...

Huey
[subject]
Saturday, May 20, 2017, 07:34 (6 days ago) @ Alcorn

They work great if used within the manufacturer's guidelines. Same as most products.

For the trail and plinking loads that I'm wanting, they're just right.

I do use the 180 gr XTP in my auto loads and 401 GNR. They're great bullets in full power loads.

I'm wanting to load some about 1050-1075 fps for ambling around my place. They will do what I need and leave my ear drums iintact.

Makes a lot of sense.

Alcorn
[subject]
Saturday, May 20, 2017, 10:01 (6 days ago) @ Huey

- No text -