Race confusion in Arkansas...

WB
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 06:58 (126 days ago)

Speaking of Ducks.... I had a Turkey and African Goose fighting over who was going to set on a nest. There was an agreement reached. Both would set, side by side, for about 4-weeks to hatch. Well we had three baby Geese and the Turkey hatched out a little Bantam chick. Boy is it confused, the Turkey is a bit embarrassed at the "unique" little offspring. The mommy Bantam would not accept the chick so it's with the Turkey.

Boy are those baby Geese a loud gaggle.
[image]

You are blessed Scotty.

SPB
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:12 (126 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

wait a minute. I thought you only had 1 goose. Are you

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:45 (126 days ago) @ WB

the father or what?

"Modern Family" for fowl...

Huey
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 10:54 (126 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

We bought a pair of baby Geese from Cackle Hatchery

WB
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:12 (126 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

about three years ago. Actually (3), and one was bitten by a Copperhead or Rattlesnake and killed while it was a large but still fuzzy baby. Last year she hatched one but it died when she didn't know how to care for it. She's good now. I think I paid like $50+ for the 3 babies including shipping. You know how they do, making you do a minimum. I think I threw in some ducks. The turkeys are a hoot and you might like them. It's almost like a dog with feathers and they'd do well in your climate.

We do really like ducks, need more ducks. They have to come into the chicken pen at night though, Raccoons are the devil on fowl. Owls too! I think I have a Bobcat that visits every so often too. Something has picked off two Guineas! That really frosts me, we have 5 left. Not a feather to be found of the act.

ducks are the only way to go. They lay eggs every day and

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:20 (126 days ago) @ WB

the eggs are twice the size of chicken eggs and better for you. The yolk is twice the size and it is all protein. If the weather gets cold, like 20 degrees below zero they lay out on the snow at night if you let them. The cold doesn't bother them at all. They don't have all the problems that chickens do. They live longer and lay longer than a chicken will. Ducks are a win/win situation.