with all the comments on the tonic water I need to

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 16:55 (184 days ago)

mention again, we will not be hunting in the Red Zone or Malaria belt. The info I have posted is the info I was given by 3 good friends who were/are doctors in Florida. And when they say do something, "just in case", I do it. The choice is yours obviously. So go with your gut instinct and either drink it or don't. I choose to drink it as I have prior to 11 African safaris, "just in case".

Isn't it also known as quinine water?

Lymey
[subject]
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 18:29 (184 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

no idea. I don't know diddly about it

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, May 18, 2017, 11:14 (183 days ago) @ Lymey

- No text -

Wikipedia

Ken Lewis
[subject]
Thursday, May 18, 2017, 11:59 (183 days ago) @ Lymey

From Wikipedia on tonic water:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonic_water

Good information. :-)

ORG
[subject]
Friday, May 19, 2017, 07:25 (182 days ago) @ Ken Lewis

- No text -

The key is not to prevent malaria, but to desuade/repel

Rick Sim
[subject]
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 19:23 (184 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

the winged carriers. I did a kinda test in 2004, before our first trip over to RSA...we drank TONIC WATER for 3 weeks. Happened to be at a friend's home for a BBQ. Everybody was being eaten alive by the skeeters, my son and I were not, they would land on us, but would quickly leave. Just for those skeptics, I always get bit, even if no one else does, so does my son.

I also have a live-in medical provider, my wife. Not all drugs cure, some are preventative in nature.

In 2005, I didn't drink tonic water, skeeters feasted on my flesh.

It works for me, call it a chemical reaction...your mileage may vary.

I have to agree with Rick. On our first 2 safaris

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 22:58 (184 days ago) @ Rick Sim

Kase, Colleen and I all drank the tonic water and the mosquitoes would land on us for a second then fly off. I don't think any of us were bit. The others in the group, especially one of the older men who sat in a blind at a water hole, were eat up by mosquitoes. Again, like Rick said, your mileage may vary....

I appreciate this bit of info.

John W
[subject]
Thursday, May 18, 2017, 03:19 (183 days ago) @ Rick Sim

For some reason I am a mosquito magnet. I will have to try this out and see if it helps.