gary, rumor has it you are bring back the Lee Jurras

Charles A.
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 11:54 (2622 days ago)

contenders. True?

well, yes and no. Lee and I are collaborating on a new

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 12:53 (2622 days ago) @ Charles A.

version of the Howdah that Lee brought out in the mid 70s. This time it will be on the Encore. We are planning on 5 or 6 calibers. Lee wanted to start with the 356 GNR as the smallest caliber as he liked the ballistics of it. From there we go up to 50 caliber. We are still in the experimental stage on the new calibers. A couple will be brand new calibers while a couple will be calibers we have come up with over the past year or so. We tried to make the calibers simple ones to make with no special trimming or reaming necessary.

The frames will be special Encore frames, some stainless and some a satin blue. The grips will be custom. I am working with a company in Montana for the display boxes. The barrels will be mostly 12" and the sights will be full custom, made here in the shop. The rear is full adjustable while the front is an interchangeable blade front. Here are a couple of pics of the prototype barrel.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

We are a ways from the first gun being done but I hope to have the first prototype done by late spring. The guns are being made completely here in my shop but it will be the Jurras/Reeder Howdah as the original idea was Lee's and he should get most of the credit. As of now we hope to build 5 of each caliber but that may change as we go along.

Gary, how will the serial numbers be on the Howdah's ?

Darryl T.
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 13:20 (2622 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

All consecutive or consecutive to calibers?
Reason for the question is I was fortunate enough to get #1 of the Jurras / Reeder handgun tool, and was thinking it would be nice to match serial numbers. Saving my pesos...

the Encores will have their own serial numbers from TC

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 13:24 (2622 days ago) @ Darryl T.

but we will put series numbers on them, number 1 thru 25 or 30. Just watch the forum here as we will be posting more on this as we go along.

on the Howdah revolvers the serial number will be

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 17:49 (2622 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

up to the buyer.

how about LJ-GR-01, and so on........

Allie
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 18:02 (2622 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

or a serial number related to Jurras and you would be nice idea

Was hoping for a Howdah revolver series too...

Huey
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 13:22 (2622 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

that is a possibility too as we have a new batch of stretch

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 13:26 (2622 days ago) @ Huey

frames we just got in. So far, stretch frame, satin black, large calibers. Still trying to get all the dozens of details worked out.

Good to on additional stretch frames.

"O"Gary
[subject]
Monday, February 20, 2017, 16:39 (2622 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Rear Sight?

R.J. Fitzgerald
[subject]
Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 11:34 (2620 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Will that rear sight be available as a part? I need to replace the one on the Prototype 476 GNR Pistol barrel I have....