Conducted another large class yesterday

John W
[subject]
Monday, February 06, 2017, 04:00 (2659 days ago)

There was a large group of people, mostly women who took part in a class I provide so that you can obtain your license to carry.

Great showing and a great sense of satisfaction from seeing people learn from your efforts.

Now I am off to work where the cherubs aren't so motivated.

In your state if pulled over by the Police

WB
[subject]
Monday, February 06, 2017, 09:50 (2659 days ago) @ John W

are you required to also provide your CCL in addition to your DL when summoned? In AR you are supposed to when asked for License, but NOT to disclose if you have a weapon or not UNTIL asked by the officer, IF asked at all.

Our state has a State Issued Carry license, not a permit. NOt sure if that makes a difference. A lady at church just took our course this weekend and that is what I asked her to find out for me. The requirements have changed and sometimes in the periodic refresher interviews I did not get the information.

Only offer the information if asked, and DO provide the card at the time of providing drivers license and vehicular insurance information. They have all info on the cruiser computer but it is a requirement for you to have it in our possession or possible fine, for any of them missing.

General info; she is a lady going through a divorce, alone in the country. She's over 65 I know, maybe 67-68. She used a Ruger LCR .38 for her shooting competence portion.

Believe it or not, there is no requirement for disclosure

John W
[subject]
Monday, February 06, 2017, 13:52 (2659 days ago) @ WB

unless asked.

As a common courtesy I do disclose that information to ease everyone's mind.

Just the other day I was going out to do some woods walking and more or less drove with a little too much wood on the fire. When the office asked for my credentials I stated that I am lawfully carrying and have my revolver on the strong side. I have my license, license to carry on my left side

Believe it or not we chatted for a bit and just got a warning.

Neighboring Connecticut is very conflicting. There is no clear distinction if you have to disclose or not. One authority states that if you do not disclose you may lose your permit to carry.

I did notice that even with teaching different techniques to operate a firearm the overwhelming majority of women like a small framed revolver.

For some reason we are NOT to disclose?!

WB
[subject]
Monday, February 06, 2017, 15:11 (2659 days ago) @ John W

That seems odd to me since he's looking at it on the screen. It used to be if you did your qualification course with a revolver you had to carry a wheelgun. If you qualified with a semi-auto you could carry either. Everyone passes so I don't know if they changed it or not. I didn't even take a gun to the last re-up I just borrowed one and 5 rounds for 7 yds.

Thought about trying to do a smiley face but it was a borrowed CZ...

out here we can carry whatever we want. There is no

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, February 06, 2017, 17:31 (2659 days ago) @ WB

mention of what type gun we carry on the permit. We can carry a full auto Thompson if we like. Plus we can carry with no permit at all, concealed or in the open. I have had 2 Hiway Patrolmen on 2 occasions stop me for having my pedal to the metal a bit too strong and when asked for my registration and insurance card I told them it was in the console and I had a 45 in there. They just said pull the gun out and put it on the opposite seat and give them the paperwork. After giving me a warning both men told me to take the gun out of the console and put it on my hip where it belongs. That's the way it should be.

What state?

John Nelson
[subject]
Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 06:25 (2658 days ago) @ John W

- No text -

Massachusetts

JohnW
[subject]
Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 13:09 (2658 days ago) @ John Nelson

- No text -