a new 14" non-NFA shotgun from Mossberg..

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 12:56 (2653 days ago)

That is cool.

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 13:59 (2653 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I like it. However a 18" with a couple more rounds capacity and an actual pistol grip is cool too, points better. I've shot skeet with such.

I loved the old Pachmayr "Dominator" grip sets for shotguns. I had a killer M37 Ithaca 8-shot so outfitted.

I'm very excited about this new level of "ruling" for smooth bores. Somehow the media discounts shotguns as less lethal as "Assault" rifles, but we generally know the shotgun is a real tool! Each buckshot round is the close equivalent of a half magazine burst from a full auto sub-gun.

shotgun

Eric G.
[subject]
Thursday, February 02, 2017, 11:56 (2652 days ago) @ WB

What brand were the really short shotguns Gary showed us on here maybe a year or so ago?

Black Aces

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, February 02, 2017, 16:36 (2652 days ago) @ Eric G.

- No text -

Very nice "Street Bitch", home defense tool

Rick Sim
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 14:03 (2653 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

I tried one of those shotguns similar

Larry Fry
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 14:17 (2653 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

to that with a pistol grip and a grip for a forend. My wrists could not take very many shots with it. I switched it back to a standard buttstock and never went back.

Shotgun Gal...

~JM~
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 15:18 (2653 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Old Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLPFUaaiobk

Wouldn't mind knowing a gal like that.

Mossberg

Robt
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 16:59 (2653 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Mossberg also has a "tactical" Thunder Ranch cut down over/under shotgun in the link. I'm not really understanding the concept of a tactical over/under shotgun.

I was going to say "two sure shots" but it's single trigger.

Stuart in GA
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 17:35 (2653 days ago) @ Robt

- No text -

ever see "Hitman"?

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 17:59 (2653 days ago) @ Robt

- No text -

there is an advantage to having a slug in one

Blake
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 19:54 (2653 days ago) @ Robt

barrel and buck shot in the other when facing an unknown in close quarters. if you come up on two bad guys you have two shots. a bad guy with a hostage you will want the slug to have any chance of separating the two. also with the brake action it is faster to load different ammo if what is in the chamber and in the mag is not what you want. also over all length is shorter, both have 18.5 barrels, so the pump is around 3" longer over all because of the action. I am sure i could come up with some other good reasons if I new what i was talking about.