Finally a less expensive can..

bigboar
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 09:36 (2652 days ago)

Budget price? The $500 price is getting

Brent Foy
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 10:27 (2652 days ago) @ bigboar

Close to the cost of the rifle. It may be cheaper than others, I haven't priced any, but looks like it couldn't cost as much to manufacture as a rifle would. Maybe with more states making them legal and larger sale numbers the price will come down and maybe it's a fair price, but seems like a lot to me.

I agree. Too expensive.

Lymey
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 11:01 (2652 days ago) @ Brent Foy

- No text -

I think that is almost what I paid for a 325 Smith.

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 11:47 (2652 days ago) @ Brent Foy

- No text -

If I got one it would have to quiet Puffys 416.

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 10:38 (2652 days ago) @ bigboar

- No text -

Got lost reading about 5th Gen Glock!

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 10:43 (2652 days ago) @ bigboar

Lord help us all!

I'm thinking of making my own suppressor can. Download form off net, $200 tax, file, there you go. Perfectly legal. Main kicker is to have Mfg. name, address, I.D. No on main body part. Lot of science in modern cans but it's amazing how well some crude attempts function as well to the untrained ear.

Screw the Gen 5, looking forward to 6, 7, 8 & 9!!!

Rick Sim
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 11:37 (2652 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

LOL! True that. I don't really like what they are doing.

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 14:06 (2652 days ago) @ Rick Sim

Glock is dated?! Really? Except for MAYBE the rail feature added to Gen 3 platforms the original is hard to beat. Who needs ambi features other than armorers or bureaucrats? Not me. The less buttons the better!

So far the parts mostly interchange. With this generation that will change and greatly complicate things. But the aftermarket is very adaptable. It make those that can keep it all straight more valuable individuals.

OK steel sights are more durable than plastic, but I've never dropped one myself. I like the tapered nose on the slide and while I never had issues with the finger grooves I can do fine without them too. As I said it's nice to hang a flashlight off the front but apart from that it's hard to improve on the original G17/19 of the 1980's.

I wouldn't buy a can right now. There is already a bill

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 11:12 (2652 days ago) @ bigboar

that has been introduced to take the suppressors off the class 3 listing. It is a hearing protection bill that even hard ass liberals would probably vote for and Trump will sign it. If that bill goes thru the suppressors will drop in price drastically as there will be a lot more interest in them with no year wait and no BS paperwork. So now is not the time to buy one.

Also the 5th gen Glock was introduced almost a year ago for the FBI requirements. I really wish they would drop the "gen" name tag as all the young guys that don't know diddly about handguns will have to have the "5th gen" Glock once all the gun rags jump on it. These young guys that know about as much about guns as I do Harley Davidsons now come in asking for the 4th Gen Glocks. They have no idea what the difference is between the 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen guns, just that the gun magazines are all promoting the 4th Gen. The new features are great but just add them and list them as the 17-1, 17-2 etc like S&W does. Quit promoting the Gen 4 as being the only Glock to have.

Good to know

Neil
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 15:23 (2652 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I'll be honest, after about three or four gins, I can't tell the difference between them either.

Yep I wrote to support it.

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 11:23 (2652 days ago) @ bigboar

- No text -

Oops, should have been under Gary's post.

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 11:25 (2652 days ago) @ SPB

- No text -