Kase and his Yak hunt. He spotted a really

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, May 07, 2024, 12:28 (12 days ago)

nice Yak in the middle of a big group of Yaks, Watusis and other cow type critters and decided to do a sneak on him. I took a similar Yak a few years back but the one he spotted was considerably bigger. His handgun was his favorite, a Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag he has used all over the world. One round put the bull down.
[image]
During the stalk both Kase and the guide kept an eye on a couple of Watusi bulls off to their right that were not happy to see them.
[image]
[image]
[image]
The shot was right shoulder exiting in the left side ribs.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
A critter like that brings out the rodeo in him.
[image]
That worked out to about 250 LBs of meat for the freezer.

Only Kase can ride a Yak like that. Guess its practice.

Winnturner48
[subject]
Tuesday, May 07, 2024, 12:53 (12 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

I looked for a critter that would be hard to hunt and

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, May 07, 2024, 13:53 (12 days ago) @ Winnturner48

dangerous too. It took a while before I found something that could do me a lot of damage if I screwed up and let him corner me. I finally got him in a position where I could get a shot into him without putting myself in danger. Here he is.
[image]
Just waiting for an unsuspecting hunter to walk by.
[image]

Very nice ! Do they eat well?

Coloradoyaler
[subject]
Tuesday, May 07, 2024, 13:29 (12 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Yak, Watusi and Long Horn are all in the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, May 07, 2024, 13:45 (12 days ago) @ Coloradoyaler

cow family so yes, they eat very well.

Well done! what bullet did he use?

Brian T
[subject]
Wednesday, May 08, 2024, 07:55 (11 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Kase and I both consider the Sierra bullets the best

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, May 08, 2024, 12:20 (11 days ago) @ Brian T

handgun bullets made. That bullet was the 250 grain Sierra JHP. The bullet in the middle is the one he uses. [image]

thanks!

Brian T
[subject]
Wednesday, May 08, 2024, 15:26 (11 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

The Yak and Watusi are funny critters. If you walk out

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, May 10, 2024, 13:40 (9 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

into the field and walk straight toward them they just watch you. But if you try to sneak up on them and come at them from the side they will spook and take off. There is always a lead cow that makes the decisions for them. She will watch you closely and if you are trying to do something sneaky she will do a snuffing sound and take off with the rest of the herd behind her. On Kase's Yak the lead cow was off to the right and was watching them real close. She suspected something and was pawing the ground but wasn't quite spooked. At least until Kase fired the first shot.

A lot of animals do this. I have driven up 40 to 50 yards from coyotes, elk and other critters and as long as the truck is running they will just watch you closely. But if you turn the truck off they are gone.