If you didn't know Ruger is bringing the Hunter

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 18:01 (10 days ago)

model revolver back in 44 Magnum.

There is something different about it that I

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Thursday, April 25, 2024, 11:21 (9 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

can't catch. Still looks good and pretty much the same as the older Hunter but some little something is different. Probably just me.

I still have one. I liked them.

WB
[subject]
Thursday, April 25, 2024, 12:16 (9 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

This is a Bisley in .41 cal. that was re-chambered to .41 GNR. I find a 2x is good up to 20-100 yds. or in the woods, 4X is better for 50-100 yds.+. It's pretty flat shooting to 200 yds. I can usually hit a 5 gal. bucket easily at that distance, using a bit of a rest.

I saw them as sort of a BH with a Redhawk Barrel. I prefer the scope in that barrel mount position.

The .44 is overloaded (IMO) by some guys. You seldom truly NEED a bullet over 300 grs. from a revolver, in normal hunting applications. With some noted exceptions.

For my taste I added some custom grips, fiber front sight with V-notch rear, a free-spin pawl, and trigger/action job. It's just about right.

[image]

WB , good lookin rig. mine looks very similar.

Sean Harper
[subject]
Thursday, April 25, 2024, 14:04 (9 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

They are really nice from the beginning

WB
[subject]
Thursday, April 25, 2024, 17:30 (9 days ago) @ Sean Harper

They just require a little personalization to suit. This is the same rig James from Jersey borrowed from Andy (we think) at the Y-O! Kind of adds to the story.

That`s it...... Busted a 30 inch aoudad at

JFS
[subject]
Friday, April 26, 2024, 10:06 (8 days ago) @ WB

a ranged 100.... Pretty sure she was shootin a 170 jhp handload[image]

what happened..........

JFS
[subject]
Friday, April 26, 2024, 11:01 (8 days ago) @ JFS

At one of the SCI-YO hunts I had dropped my FA`s scoped 454 and wanted to go to their range and check sights... However, sunrise the next morning we were out for game. Since I did not check scope I asked to borrow a handgun and Andy Rowe lent me his. Andy was the custom reloader for Reeder making all of his GNR wildcats... It was a Reeder Bkackhawk Hunter in 41 GNR shooting a 170 jhp.. Spotted a group of five aoudad at a measured 100 and let one of the 170`s fly followed by the smack of the bullet... A 30 incher fell..... That`s Andy with his white ram which he also took using the 41 GNR.... We all had a hell of a good time....[image][image][image]

Expensive back then, but what nice trophies!

WB
[subject]
Friday, April 26, 2024, 12:16 (8 days ago) @ JFS

- No text -

Life is way too short to worry about what is too

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 26, 2024, 15:14 (8 days ago) @ WB

expensive. As John Taffin says, enjoy life. In 6 months you won't even remember spending that money and won't miss it. I have gone on over 100 handgun hunts and I can't remember how much I spent on any of them. I know my latest Cape Buffalo hunt was $29,000 but Life Form Taxidermy paid for every penny of it due to them losing my original Cape Buffalo's horns and hide.

From a friend to a friend you worry way too much about money and how much things cost. It is going to put you in an early grave. When you are lying in bed in a hospice waiting for the grip reaper you will wish you had done things that you passed up due to worrying about how much it cost. Then you will have plenty of time to think about the $5000 a month you pay for the hospice.

James, we had a helluva good time at the

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, April 26, 2024, 16:27 (8 days ago) @ JFS

Celebrity Handgun Hunt at the Y.O. Ranch. Taz Ridley, a good friend and one of the two men in charge of putting the Celebrity Handgun Hunt on was under way too much stress with all the paperwork and such. I saw him bouncing his head off the wall one day and asked him how I could help. He said "Please get me some guys in here that will spend some money and enjoy the hunt and not just sit playing cards all night and drinking free booze and never bidding on any of the hunts or guns" I told him that was no problem and started inviting the Misfits on here. We ended up with 65 hunters. We had room for 50. So we put some down in the bathhouse on roll away beds next to the pool and borrowed the houses of some of the guides and such on the ranch. We got 65 hunters places to stay for the hunt and they enjoyed every minute of it.

As Scotty says yes, it was expensive, I think it was around $1500 to attend and hunt but what a great time. To me it was worth every penny and more. And how many hunters can say they were invited to the famous Celebrity Handgun Hunt and hunted there? I think we had 28 hunters off here that attended the hunt. That was where I met John Taffin. Neither of us drank or played poker so we just had a good time talking guns and hunting and such. To me it was worth the price of the hunt to spend time with John.

Kase and I built and donated a gun each to auction off at the hunt and it was worth every penny to be able to hang out with you clowns for 4 days.But the money and meat went to the needy at Christmas so it was well worth the money spent. And I did this for 15 years in a row.

Some of the regulars on here that attended the hunt.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
plus a lot more that I don't have pictures of.