I talked to Alan at the lodge last evening

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, April 23, 2024, 15:14 (10 days ago)

he gave me the list of specials for our hunt. These are specials for you to fill up your freezer. They are special 2 animal sales. With each of these you get a hog. Now no two animals are the same, so your buffalo may look different. You may have to run out into the field and lift the buffalo's tail to see if it is a bull or cow. Here we go...

A Bison cow with a hog...$3250
[image]
[image]

A Yak bull with a hog...$3250
[image]
[image]

A Watusi bull with a hog...$3950
[image]
[image]

watusi cow with a hog...$3250
[image]
[image]

Water Buffalo trophy cow with a hog...$3950
[image]
[image]

For those wanting to stock up a freezer in case

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 12:40 (9 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

the economy goes totally in the shitter this is a great way to do it. I shot a Watusi steer in 2021 or '22 or '23 (hard to keep up with the dates of the hunts) and we still have burgers from it. That was some good eating and either Kase or I will probably have to have a talk with one of the ones on sale.

One of the Watusis I shot had bright red burgers with little or no fat on it.
[image]

If I remember right the black Yak had the best steaks. Again very little fat on it.
[image]

The Bisons have very little fat and if you grill the steaks you have to keep basting them to keep them from turning into jerky. But they are probably the best (health wise) for you.
[image]

Kase shot a huge Yak and not knowing how the steaks would be I decided to have the whole thing ground into burger. We had over 325 of those 2 lb rolls of burger, which turned into over 650 lbs of meat. It was some great eating and filled up 2 big freezers.
[image]

Years ago one of my guys here at the shop got with

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 12:47 (9 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

a couple of buddies and had them chip in part of the price of one of the big Bison or Watusis and split the meat into 3 large coolers. He ended up having his buddies pay for half of the animal cost each and ended up getting his share free. If I remember right he did that a couple of times and got his share of the meat at no cost.His buddies were happy as they got 100 lbs of meat each at about half or less of what the meat would cost at the grocery.