Wouldn't mind having one of these ...

Derek
[subject]
Thursday, March 28, 2024, 10:46 (30 days ago)

https://www.lipseys.com/crm/ultimatecarry

Will check out one the local gunshops to see if they may have one to coonfinger.

They make those in stainless and blue

WB
[subject]
Friday, March 29, 2024, 06:47 (29 days ago) @ Derek

I also really like those, someone was thinking. I own a TALO custom run SP101 in .357. I was inspired by Jim Taylor's little hammerless S&W but I didn't pull it off exactly well. The little SP I bought to commemorate a job promotion. I really like the little robust Ruger. It actually has a sort of flat topstrap and Novack sights, as a 2.5" .357. For actually SHOOTING in .357 it's about right. But for carrying around it weighs about the same as a loaded GLock 19! Jim's little .357 weighs about 10-11 oz. He probably forgets he has it on him. The little SP101 feels like a brick. Good gun, great sights, it will never wear out. It's not too bad shooting even regular .357 loads. It's just chunky.

The special run of S&W should weigh about 16 oz., I think. The Scadinum frames are notably lighter. It would make a great little pocket .38.

I have handled one of them and really don't

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 29, 2024, 11:44 (29 days ago) @ WB

like them. I hate to rain on your parade but there is no place to put more than 2 fingers and on shooting it twists upward. I think the gun would be better if they gave it better grips. Something to hang on to. The grips shown are short and fat, which makes it hard to handle with magnum ammo.

Yeah that longer Hogue or old Pachmayr

WB
[subject]
Friday, March 29, 2024, 12:34 (29 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

grip adds another finger perch. Do you want it concealable or controlable? Sometimes it is hard to have both in a small revolver.

Of all her choices my wife habitually carries her Reeder'ized M60. Her sweet little SIG 365X usually gets left behind, despite having twice the firepower. Son #2 (Benjamin) usually puts the Taurus G2 or his personal 1911 Govt. in the car for short trips about town and away from the home base.

[image]

[image]

Without the 17-shot mag the G2 is not much bigger than the M60, maybe Detective Special size using the stock 12-shot mag. Not bad for a $250 truck gun. Plus you can clip a flashlight on it.
[image]

[image]

See if I can find one to handle, I always

Derek
[subject]
Friday, March 29, 2024, 17:15 (28 days ago) @ Derek

Go in in looking for one thing and usually find something totally different LOL.
I really like looking at the used section!
Been thinking of adding a little 38 special or 357 to the fold.
Maybe a used model 60 or 640 will be waiting for me ;-)

A new S&W in .32 Mag? Am I reading that right?

ChrisG
[subject]
Wednesday, April 03, 2024, 02:45 (24 days ago) @ Derek

- No text -