Gary Reeder Ruger Single Six 32 H&R

Ozarkfish
[subject]
Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 17:46 (67 days ago)

Hello,
I am a collector of Garry Reeder Single Actions.
Looking for a Gary Reeder Ruger Single Six 32 H&R Stainless Fixed sites. Please call if you might want to sell one.
Thanks a lot.
John 314 409-8007

You have chosen well for a class of collector's pieces

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 20:10 (67 days ago) @ Ozarkfish

Very few of Gary's custom guns are exactly alike. I have perhaps over a dozen custom revolvers. Each one we pushed the limits a little farther. Boy was it fun. Calibers, subtle touches, combinations of finishes, materials, barrel lengths, sights, grip styles. That was just the gun too.

There is usually a backstory to my personal customs. A trip or quarry, some specific idea to explore. Then the loading and testing. Not to mention all the friends along the way. It's all kept me from much unhealthy trouble.

Not a Single Six but.....

JFS
[subject]
Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 20:33 (67 days ago) @ WB

We built the gun but someone has gone

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 12:17 (66 days ago) @ JFS

over it, took the maker's mark off it, and put funky grips on it. They also took the required model name along with the maker's mark. A gun without the required maker's mark and model name is not OK by the ATF. That gun only has 2 of the required 4 items on it.

I HAD one but sent it back to GNR, now it's a .400 cal.

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 13:01 (66 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Actually a .40 S&W. Lots of pressure from buds to just do 10mm which it could have been. But .40 Brass is less than half what 10 is and I can seat bullets long to load full 10mm loads in those shorter cases.

Unless GNR replaces the barrel when he does a "full" package you will need .312" cast bullets to perform best in a factory Ruger .32 H&R barrel. They shoot others OK, but not the best it could be. GNR's guns/barrels can shoot either (.308-.312)! I've done it using both single shot and revolvers, cast and jacketed, with excellent accuracy. FYI.

[image]