We have been talking about "bug out bags" or really more

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 18:07 (68 days ago)

importantly "get home bags", gear to keep in your vehicle so should the shit hit the fan you can get home to family. If you are working on getting one together, post it here. We can always use new information on what to put in those "get home bags".

This is not everything but is most of it

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 19:30 (68 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

It will vary some depending on the time of the year.

Get Home Bag
Life Straw for purifying water
2 2 gallon collapsible water containers
First Aid Kid with Blood Stopper .. tourniquet.. pressure bandages .. chest seal .. tampax (to use to stop bleeding from punctures by bullets or whatever) Ibuprofen or other pain meds
Fire starter .. waterproof matches
Cooking pan
salt
Compass
2 Meter UHF/VHF hand-held radio that is also programed for FRS and GMRS and MURS ... also receives NOA Weather
Energy Bars
Dehydrated Food
Extra socks
Rain Pancho
Survival Blanket
Large and small Knives
Multi-Tool
.22 Single Six and 100 rounds
extra clothes .. type depends on time of year I am traveling

IN ADDITION
In the vehicle I have bottled water
In Winter I have an Arctic Sleeping Bag along in the vehicle
I also carry a shotgun in the vehicle as well as my CCW handgun .. both with extra ammo

Another item in Get Home Bag

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 07:12 (68 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

My sister sent me this ...

[image]

[image]

Those Tyvek tube tents are interesting but

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 08:41 (68 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

I don't really like the ones with open ends except maybe summer, and skeeters and bugs would carry you off, maybe a snake for a buddy too. Many are Mylar too. Very thin plastic but it does reflect heat. Small and light, most are $10 or less.

I like this one with closed ends for winter (lost in the woods). I think it is Tyvek with Mylar lining. A guy tested one in 30 deg. and in a couple hours his body temp rose it to 60 deg. It was drawing surface moisture though. But to keep you alive it's probably good. You do need a couple trees or posts to set it up.

This is getting close to a cheap pup tent in price. Probably one of those pocket Mylar rigs would be more economical for something you really do not intend to use. But for a bug out I kind of like this. It's about small notebook size and 1.5 lbs.
[image]

list

FSimon
[subject]
Friday, February 23, 2024, 11:09 (66 days ago) @ Jim Taylor

Thanks Jim...I missed a few things