No vintage Single-sixs’ injured in the photo

WB
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:45 (74 days ago)

I bought this literally just for the genuine Sam-bar stag grips! It is a nice unconverted 1958 vintage. Actually the grips are worth more than the .22! The scope set is at least a decade later. It’s a no-drill top-strap clamp type. It was made for the adjustable sight OM model single-six. This earlier six-gun has a drift adj. rear dovetail sight that hangs off the sides of the flat top strap about 1/8” each side. So to let the clamp fit flush I drilled a couple shallow 1/4” holes on the inside of the mount to allow clearance. It works!

I like the closer to period scope with 1.3x, same as just looking at something, but the clarity and light gathering is enhanced. One precise aiming point to deal with is simple too. I have the mid-70’s 2.5x Phantom but it’s longer, more bulky. What’s a realistic range anyway 50 yds?! It should do. Seems to manage sub 2” groups if you hold it right.

[image]

Will a later model stainless steel cylinder fit the earlier Old Models, as far as the pawl gear etc.? I have an extra cylinder somewhere I considered fitting and turning into WMR, if it might be compatible.

Nice looking pistola.

AmBraCol ⌂, The Center Of God's Grace
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2024, 18:00 (74 days ago) @ WB

Way back when I received my OMSS I was able to track down a magnum cylinder for it, but don't know what vintage it was. Definitely not a stainless one though. It just popped in with proper clearance and indexing. Now I'm curious as to whether a stainless cylinder would mate up OK. It'd make it easier to know which cylinder you had installed at the moment.

--
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. Those involving teams and balls of any sort tend to be deleterious to one's body and promote violence by both spectators and participants.

This is the OM cylinder. I know the new

WB
[subject]
Saturday, February 17, 2024, 18:27 (74 days ago) @ AmBraCol

Does not have the recess ring around the outer part of the chambers, only recessed chambers. I’m still looking for it. I don’t have a late model single six at the moment. Ruger auto .22 and SP101 .22, but no S.S.

Looks a lot like the Colt .22 of the day.
[image]

I hope you find it.

AmBraCol ⌂, The Center Of God's Grace
[subject]
Sunday, February 18, 2024, 14:47 (73 days ago) @ WB

You sparked a "wanna know". I'd never contemplated using a stainless cylinder in one of the old sixguns, but like the idea for simplification of identification.

--
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. Those involving teams and balls of any sort tend to be deleterious to one's body and promote violence by both spectators and participants.