For you Auto Mag freaks I got a great pic of his 357 Auto

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 17:13 (80 days ago)

Mag from Chris Storeng today. I am an Auto Mag freak from day one and have owned 11 of them thru the years and sold all 11 from time to time when I was offered way more than I thought the guns were worth.
[image]
My thanks to Chris for the pic.

Nice gun Chris. She is a real beauty!

Jeff Spencer
[subject]
Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 17:26 (80 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

Love it, grips are beautiful, great piece!

Andy S
[subject]
Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 17:32 (80 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

AutoMag

Blackpete
[subject]
Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 17:51 (80 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Gary, I also sold mine, and regret it ever since. Pete

Here’s an auto mag for you

SPB
[subject]
Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 20:09 (80 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Nice Package. Big Bank!

Jeff Spencer
[subject]
Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 22:01 (80 days ago) @ SPB

- No text -

This is the real Auto Mag collection

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 11:15 (79 days ago) @ Jeff Spencer

12 guns and 21 extra barrels. I would give WB's

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 11:19 (79 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

left nut for that collection. Just the magazines and extra barrels on one gun would add up to a small fortune.

That's a dozen magazine articles and a wing

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 11:48 (79 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

of a museum itself! Who was that boy that did all that custom work on them. I thought you knew him, from up north.

Lee had the Auto Mag Newsletter and he had a fellow

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 11:58 (79 days ago) @ WB

that he ran some work thru if someone needed repair or just work on them. I never met the guy. I really never found a reason to have work done on mine as they worked fine as long as I ran the correct ammo thru them.

As a boy I really lusted for one, but $500!

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 07:54 (80 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

In the mid-late 1970's. Later in life I stumbled upon an affordable one to try. I did get to really test it out and learn a lot about it. I'll never forget the time I spent on my hands and knees in the grass under my bench looking for the dropped "bolt accelerator".

I realized it was too valuable for me to goof around with and it's, now vintage, innovation was lost on me. I passed it on to a friend to sponsor an adventure and can't look back too sad. But I'd sort of like it had I not sold it.

The grip angle never fit me and I could not see the silver front sight well. But it shot literally like a rifle! The recoil spring system is actually similar to the very first big bore semi-auto, the MARS .45! But that's another story.

I actually tested some 310 gr. cast bullets and it shot them suitably. I loaded them down however to function, not hot loads. Even 240 gr. SWCGC bullets shot and fed fine. Thankfully I used Starline cases and did not have to inside neck ream .30-06 brass! It was a good experience.

I hunted with mine pretty much all over

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 11:54 (79 days ago) @ WB

I used it in Africa a couple of times. My favorite was the 41 Auto Mag or the 41 JMP for Jurras Magnum Pistol as the 41 was developed by Lee Jurras. Like WB said the Auto Mags shot like a rifle, extremely accurate and flat shooting. I have taken critters from small African Springbok up to bull Bison. Even a couple of turkeys and a whole herd of skunks. I used the 44 Auto Mag in Africa and all over this country. later on I got into the 41 Auto Mag and it was my baby from then on.

Lee Jurras' favorite was surprisingly the 357 Auto Mag and the one he did all his long range shooting with. My 357 was accurate but was never as dependable as I would have liked. The 41 JMP and 44 AMP were both very accurate and both worked perfectly after I found the magic load for each one.
[image]