Couple interesting inertia bullet pulling tricks

WB
[subject]
Sunday, February 11, 2024, 14:25 (87 days ago)

Can you say "neck tension" ?! This was a re-formed .22 PPC into a 6mm PPC. We had a special Encore barrel we toyed with and sold. I was trying to "unload" them for the components. So someplace I have a bag of 6mm PPC. Shocking the inertia puller had so much power.

[image]

Another trick I found on my puller was the ability to unload .510 GNR, .500 LB etc. by NOT using a collet at all, just stick the cartridge in there and screw the lid on. I had to use a pocket knife to extract the case but it works.

pulling bullets

tedt
[subject]
Sunday, February 11, 2024, 23:13 (87 days ago) @ WB

This is probably well known but take the collet out of the hammer type and put the shell holder in upside down with the case, screw on the top and pound away. I put a wad of foam rubber in the tip of the tool so the bullets aren't damaged.

I had read that and forgotten, never tried it!

WB
[subject]
Monday, February 12, 2024, 08:04 (86 days ago) @ tedt

- No text -

The only cases I found that I can't pull is the 586 GNR and

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, February 12, 2024, 12:30 (86 days ago) @ tedt

610 GNR. The only way I have found to pull them is put the case in the shell holder in a Rockchucker, raise the shell up until the lead bullet sits above the top edge of the Rockchucker. Obviously with no round in the top piece of the Rockchucker. Grab the lead bullet with some big pliers, grip them tight and hit the handle of the Rockchucker down which pulls the lead bullet out. It also works with some of the larger African calibers that the bullet puller won't.

Yes that is good thinking, considering.

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 09:03 (85 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

I think the RCBS system is much on that line of thinking. They use some type of collet system to hold onto the bullets, maybe not deforming them too much. But it has to be rough on them.