You Colt revolver collectors, I might have

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 14:18 (611 days ago)

something for you. It came in in an estate sale and after I got thru looking it over I went back and did some extra going over it. The gun is a DA 38. It shows some honest wear and tear from a hundred years of use. Looking it up in a couple of books it appears to be a DA Navy revolver. By one star on it that says it was rechambered to 38 Special from 38 Long Colt. Also on the butt is the Navy logo. One book I have said add $500 to $750 for a DA38 if it has the Navy logo. Another said add $150 if the grips are solid with no cracks or chips. The gun is solid with bluing wear but it locks up good and tight. The bore is nice and shiny. Some of the early DA revolvers didn't have the Colt pony on the gun anywhere and they said add $100 for that. All in all it is a good representation of a DA Colt from the late 1800s. The action and trigger pull is very tight and it looks like some oil has solidified inside the gun. Figuring all the add-ons and special features the gun should run around $750 to $850. I have it priced at $450.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
There is also a tiny triangle on the butt with what looks like an S inside it. I am not really sure what this means. So there you go. A Colt mystery gun and priced right at $450.

The Colt is sold

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 14:51 (611 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

I figured it would go quick.

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, August 17, 2022, 16:59 (611 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -