Steve made it to the Chinese wall

Bob Denning @, Kalispell MT
[subject]
Tuesday, August 02, 2022, 19:44 (632 days ago)

A BIG congratulations to our buddy steve from NC.
He drove with his boys to MT and hiked over 75 miles (9 days) to visit the Chinese wall. For those of you not familiar with this hike I encourage you to google it. This is rough wilderness. I know a dozen guys that tried this hike and only 3 (including Steve) that made it on foot. This is a huge life accomplishment and I’m proud of Steve and his boys.

He just came out of “The Bob” (Bob Marshal wilderness) and called me to say he was safe and heading to the bar. I bet it will be the best greasy burger and beer of his life. I’m sure it will take a week or more for his blisters subside.

Atta boy Steve. We can’t wait for you to post pictures and tell us about your bear encounter

You will sleep good tonight

I recall the images from your trip.

John W
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 02:51 (632 days ago) @ Bob Denning

It must be an amazing sight to behold in person.

Here he is

Blake
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 16:38 (631 days ago) @ John W

Thank you Blake

Bob Denning @, Kalispell MT
[subject]
Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 18:55 (631 days ago) @ Blake

That day was one of the highlights of my life.

Color me envious!

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Thursday, August 04, 2022, 08:09 (631 days ago) @ Bob Denning

That's something I wish I had done before I got too old for it. -sigh-

Thanks, Bob!

Steve W
[subject]
Sunday, August 07, 2022, 15:19 (628 days ago) @ Bob Denning

We just rolled in the driveway last night. That was the toughest hike of my life. My boys ate it up and spit it out, but I really had to work at it.

It is funny - when that black bear trotted into our camp, the FIRST thing I thought of was Scotty! She didn't want anything to do with us, though. I got video of her and her cub passing through. She didn't stand still long enough for photos.

We didn't see any grizzlies, but I am pretty sure one roared at us from higher up the mountain as we hiked up the White River on the third day. Sounded just like what you hear when Hollywood makes a grizzly roar/growl. I would like to be able to say we saw one at a distance, but I'm 100% fine with not having had an encounter. A hiker we met later in the trip ran into one on White River Pass the day after we were there. His story was close enough for me. LOL

I'll post pics and a synopsis as soon as I can. I'm trying to get them off my phone right now and it wanted to do a back up and software update, first. Grrr...