AR Drop In Triggers?

~JM~
[subject]
Sunday, July 31, 2022, 17:11 (607 days ago)

Seeking advice on AR drop in triggers to replace a creepy mil-spec unit.

Brand & model?

Two stage, or single?

Pull weight?

Curved, or straight?

Thank you.

Velocity or Rise Armament, curved

Randy Barnett
[subject]
Sunday, July 31, 2022, 17:27 (607 days ago) @ ~JM~

- No text -

Bought an Elf Match (Single Stage), straight, and

ChrisG
[subject]
Sunday, July 31, 2022, 17:28 (607 days ago) @ ~JM~

it has really spoiled me. Supposed to be adjustable from like 2.5 to 4.5 lb? Showed 3.25 lb on my gauge at the lowest setting, but maybe it would be less than that after it's broken in. Crisp and super short reset.

Do a trigger job on it yourself. Half-hour with some fine

WB
[subject]
Monday, August 01, 2022, 07:01 (606 days ago) @ ~JM~

emery cloth, simply polishing, will do wonders. I polish cross pins and the holes, friction surfaces, to a hand mirror finish. Just don't remove metal or change, round off, any angles. I argue polishing bearing surfaces is short of actual "gunsmithing". Shortening sear surfaces and such should deliberately be avoided and left to the professionals. But cleaning up some rough surfaces is not difficult and does wonders. It costs only time and maybe $1.

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

JD
[subject]
Monday, August 01, 2022, 12:28 (606 days ago) @ WB

It's $99 and the best trigger that you will find for anywhere near the price. It is a two stage match trigger. I'm partial to two stage triggers after shooting competition for years. After initial take up, the final stage is just another 2 pounds or so and very crisp. Feels much lighter than it actually is. For years I used the Geissele 2 stage triggers, but the LaRue is just as good for half the cost. Almost all of my AR's now have the LaRue trigger...

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Whatever you choose let your local gunsmith

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, August 01, 2022, 13:22 (606 days ago) @ ~JM~

install it. There really is no such thing as a "drop in" anything. They all need a little TLC to get them working right.