With our small game seasons opening soon

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 17:52 (660 days ago)

now is the time to get ready and in many areas 22 magnum ammo is really hard to find. There is a solution. That is our Flattop Tool. It turns a standard round nose 22 LR into the power of a 22 Magnum. We just finished a large batch of them and they are still priced at $75 plus shipping. The tool does 3 rounds at a time and is simple. You put the 3 rounds in the tool, close it and with a box cutter or sharp knife slice off the tip that sticks up. That gives you the power of a 22 Magnum. In the picture the small hole is from a standard round nose 22 LR. The large hole is a round from the same box after running it thru our Flattop Tool.
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
We just finished almost 25 of them just in time for our small game seasons. If you are interested, call Colleen at 928-527-4100.

Excellent product. Highly recommend it. Harbor freight

SPB
[subject]
Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 18:46 (660 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Sells a small side cutter that makes the process a breeze. Well done Gary.

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-in-electronics-side-cutter-57789.html

I have used flat-nose .22's to kill Javelina ..

Jim Taylor
[subject]
Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 20:50 (660 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

it's not legal but they work! Taken down big dogs also. And SPB's suggestion about the cutters is a good one.

With handguns or quiet gun shooting the performance

WB
[subject]
Thursday, June 30, 2022, 07:13 (659 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

is greatly reduced on the old 40-45 gr. RNL .22 RF projectiles. It's actually closer to my pneumatic pellet rifle in power! (my air-rifle shoots a 20 gr. at 850 fps). CCI quiet ammo is advertised at 45 gr. running 750 fps. The lead RN is not humane in my opinion even on bunnies and squirrels. It simply pokes a hole in and out, very little energy is transferred to tissue or organs.

By adding that flat tip it dramatically changes things even at the lower velocity. The hydraulics blast a hole ahead of the bullet and help it penetrate straight too. Prove it to yourself and shoot a soap block or two, it really is an improvement. Wal-mart sells those blocks for $1 each in the clothes washing isle. It's a cheap comparative method used by handgunners all the way back pre-war. Plus you can still use the soap. It's not bad.