Anyone actually own a Ruger LW Commander?

WB
[subject]
Friday, June 24, 2022, 08:54 (671 days ago)

I keep looking at it. My old glovebox gun has not been loved much, a Glock 30S. It's perfectly wonderful for it's purpose, just not all that loveable except for it's efficiency. It's small, light, holds lots of cartridges, and goes bang every time, sending a bullet close to where I point it. I also have it's bigger brother the G21.

That little light weight Ruger Commander is appealing. 10 oz. less than a Govt. and a full handful of a familiar grip. I noted the unique features Ruger addressed for a LW 1911, great additions.

They made the plunger tube, normally atop the left grip panel, an integrated part of the frame, it won't fall off. Also they made a titanium insert into the alloy frame feed ramp. Some of the old Federal Ordinance alloy frames used to crack at the safety pin hole, I take it that area has been improved? I also liked the idea of Ruger installing a light titanium firing pin that needs the full inertia of the hammer to fire. It's less likely to exhibit an A.D. if dropped on either end. Very impressive all round!

A plus, the good Novak sights that are less snaggy and easy to see. The Commander shooter gives up 2-3 rnds. capacity, the ability to stick on a light etc. I believe they both weigh the same loaded and are the exact same width. The Glock is a little smaller but the added sight radius and more grip to hold onto aid shooting at small expense of bulk.

Does anyone regularly use one currently?

[image]

JT

JT
[subject]
Friday, June 24, 2022, 10:26 (671 days ago) @ WB

.45 ACP AND 9MM ALSO

LTW 45

JT
[subject]
Friday, June 24, 2022, 10:46 (671 days ago) @ JT

recently purchased all steel SR1911 Commander

james
[subject]
Friday, June 24, 2022, 19:32 (670 days ago) @ JT

I own Colt Government and Gold Cup plus their Defender but never a Commander.... Ruger`s version is a well made 1911...[image] I am very pleased with the SR1911 Target in 10mm... Accurate and reliable...[image]

I played with the first one that came in. That was a couple

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:21 (671 days ago) @ WB

of years ago. Very well made pistol. As I said back then, when it comes the time to retire the PD the lightweight Ruger 1911 will take it's place.

Ruger

AlanT
[subject]
Friday, June 24, 2022, 17:26 (671 days ago) @ WB

Ruger LW Cmdr style.
Ive been carrying one as my street EDC since they were introduced in early 2015.
So far all I've done to mine is standard length grip bushings and standard thickness 1911 grips (VZ 320).
I also lightly beveled the extractor, as I was having issues with feeding. The rim of the round would not slide under the square cut that Ruger does on that part.

Alan

[image]

Drdougrx

drdougrx
[subject]
Saturday, June 25, 2022, 05:51 (670 days ago) @ WB

I’ve had one for years. The 2-tone in 45acp. I like it very much and it has all of the bells and whistles, has been absolutely reliable and is a one of my primary shooters.

Can’t go wrong….

David R

David R
[subject]
Saturday, June 25, 2022, 06:13 (670 days ago) @ WB

I have one,it became my go everywhere. Great gun, not a problem what so ever.