rock and roll trivia< I have a hard time believing this

jthomson
[subject]
Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 10:50 (672 days ago)

It is all in the topic of MONEY. This same

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 11:54 (672 days ago) @ jthomson

question was posted a while back to a group that, like the Beach Boys, Diana Ross, The Who, the Doors and several others that had numerous #1 records out and multiple not only gold but platinum albums out but never were nominated for a Grammy. Remember the folks that decide who wins a Grammy are big time liberals and they don't associate with normal rock groups. If it were a controversial group who put out records like Crosby, Stills and Nash, the Guess Who, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen among others who bad mouthed the country then they would jump on it.

DID SOME OF THESE LIKE

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 14:04 (672 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

BUDDY HOLLY PRE-DATE THE GRAMMY?

the first Grammy was in 1959 and there

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 16:03 (672 days ago) @ JT

were no rockers nominated. This was the list of folks that were among the nominated.. Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Gene Autry, Johnny Mercer, Henry Mancini and André Previn—gathered for a black-tie dinner and awards presentation inside the Grand Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton. That was in 1959. Buddy Holly died in a plane crash a few months before that. The Grammy people weren't ready to accept rock & roll at that time. It was considered a teen age fad.

SOME GOOD NAMES THERE BUT

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 18:17 (672 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

CERTAINLY NOR R&R. ONE OF MY FAVOITE SONGS IN DEAN MARTIN AND RICKY NELSON SINGING TOGETHER.

One of my favorites! I watch Rio Bravo often.

DinCA
[subject]
Thursday, June 23, 2022, 13:13 (670 days ago) @ JT

- No text -