Colleen was watching her favorite series Ghosts a few minute

gary reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 22:58 (821 days ago)

ago. After the show ended Joe Namath came on doing an insurance commercials for old folks. Oh Joe, how low can you go? I would rather do commercials for French Tickler Condoms than insurance commercials. Anyway that brought back some memories of my first job in radio at a radio station in McCook Nebraska in 1963. Barely 17 and thought I was the answer to teeny bopper's wet dreams.
Anyway we had a real GEEK working as sports director at the station. He seldom bathed and smelled like a drunk's underwear. There were 3 daytime DJS at the station and we did some really nasty things to him that he really deserved. One day while he was about half way thru the sports cast (this was in 1963 and every AM station (no FM back then) had a 15 minute noon news, sports and weather block). The GEEK did the sports. Let's say he butchered the sports. Joe Namath was Joe Namooth. The baseball player Carl Rastremski, normally promounced Ra-strem-ski but was pronounced by the GEEK as Carl Yas-ma-raz-ski. And those were some of the good ones.

He had mentioned to us one day a very boring story of how he had been attacked by a goose, or rooster or some really big bird with an attitude. He was saved by an aunt who was uglier than the goose.
Anyway one day while the manager of the station was out of town (thank the Lord) 3 of the DJs got together and smuggled a chicken into the station and while the Geek was reading the sports, the smarter and more handsome of the 3 DJs eased the door open into the newsroom behind the Geek and flipped the chicken into the studio. The GEEK jumped up scaring hell out of the chicken and the 3 DJS who were already trying to figure how to place the blame on the other DJS. Anyway the GEEK jumped up from his desk screaming "sonofabitch, get that fuckin' chicken out of here" and ran out of the news room. The mike was still on and all 17 people that lived in McCook at the time were probably wondering what the hell was going on.
The smarter and much more good looking of the 3 jumped in and ended the pregnant pause with "we will be right back right after this" and hit a 60 second commercial. Actually 2 or 3 60 second second commercials. Finally getting his heart back to semi normal the smartest and best looking DJ finished the sports break (if one listened closely a clucking could be heard in the background) and did the 2 minute weather forecast and turned it over to one of the other DJS who was on the air at the time. Last I heard as I quickly left the news room was Brenda Lee singing "I'M Sorry".

The amazing thing was we never heard a thing about the chicken escapade.

YASTRZEMSKI??

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 23:32 (821 days ago) @ gary reeder

- No text -

and that was on a good day

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 10:34 (820 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

My story replaces the chicken with a possum

Brant
[subject]
Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 04:07 (821 days ago) @ gary reeder

I once worked for a small paint contractor at a plant. The guys were gathered in the break room before heading home for the day. I tossed a previously docile possum into the room. With a horrible hiss, he landed into a Bruce Lee stance and gave a toothy grin than would have made a crocodile proud. A small runaway causing damage to company property followed. The boss was unhappy to say the least. It did not help that I was the Safety Manager at the job site.

MINE USES A HUGE BLUE CRAB

BUCKWHEAT
[subject]
Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 12:20 (820 days ago) @ gary reeder

KID FROM ODESSA TEXAS EMPTIED THE LINE BOSSES LUNCH BOX & STUCK A MONSTER BLUE CRAB IN IT
THE BOSS MAN WHO WAS A WWII VET PROCEEDED TO START THE WORK TRUCK & TRY TO RUN OVER THE KID FROM TEXAS
LUCKILY WE WERE RIGHT ON THE GULF ON A LEVEE & THE KID SCRAMBLED OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE
BOY THAT OLD MAN WAS PISSED OFF -- TOLD THE KID
YOU LITTLE FOUR EYED BASTARD I'M GONNA MAKE YOU WALK BACK TO THE SHOP -- WHICH WAS 25 MILES - HE DIDNT THOUGH
THE REST OF THE CREW GOT A HELL OF A LAUGH OUT OF IT THOUGH

Joe Namath used to rent our cottage.

John W
[subject]
Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 19:39 (820 days ago) @ gary reeder

In the 1970's a local college had a Joe Namath football camp and he used to rent my grandparents cottage on a large freshwater lake in Southern Worcester Count Massachusetts.

My mother chatted with Joe Namath about me.

She said," Mr. Namath. My son does not like any kind of sports. He just likes to read books. He has no interest in football, baseball or anything like that."

Joe Namath replied," Lady. You have no idea how many mothers wished they had that problem."

I will leave it up to the Gary Reeder Misfits to respond.