Frankford Arsenal Co-Axial press

Robt
[subject]
Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 14:34 (885 days ago)

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Frankford Arsenal Co -aaAxial reloading press. I’m curious if it is the real deal or junk. I’ve read about it online and watched a few videos , but I would really like an opinion from a reloaded , not a salesman. Thanks

The funky die holder and shell holder system

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 14:56 (885 days ago) @ Robt

have me curious but cautious too. I'd love to try one or hear from someone totally objective. I like the open front. MEC markets a late model that looked traditional and had a generous open profile. I mostly use a late 1950's C&H H-press. I love the old rig.

I think I read the original C&H owner was tragically killed with his entire family in an auto accident in the 1960's? I think it was C&H, just tragic.

I use one I bought in the mid-70's.

RonE
[subject]
Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 15:53 (884 days ago) @ WB

I've always liked it. Works well with both pistol and rifle cartridges. I've loaded from 9mm to 44 mag pistol and 223 to 7mm Rem Mag rifle cartridges. I think it's reliable and simple to use.

Frankford Arsenal press

Robt
[subject]
Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 19:47 (884 days ago) @ WB

I’m going to wait until I can gather more information before purchasing . I started reloading on a RCBS Jr that I hated. I moved on to a RCBS Rock Chucker that I like. Sometimes I think a turret press would be ideal for pistol cartridges.

My son has one

steve todd
[subject]
Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 22:05 (884 days ago) @ Robt

He doesn’t use it, it has too much play. He showed me, the whole handle and everything rocks back and forth. I thought i wanted one, until i saw his. Maybe they are designed that way? Looked like junk to me. The shell holder is nice.
If you got it from Midway, you could return it, if it is junk. I don’t know why my son has it mounted on his bench, and why he didn’t return his

Frankford Arsenal Press

Robt
[subject]
Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 01:16 (884 days ago) @ steve todd

I am curious what the Frankford Arsenal Press is made of. I looked on their website for specifications, but none were listed.

I have two LEE classic cast iron presses

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 05:35 (884 days ago) @ Robt

One I load .50 BMG on. Absolutely no flies on those at all, untypical for LEE. The cast iron big press is a good single stage unit. I used to have a LEE auto index turret press when they first came out. Surprisingly they worked well except for the leaky powder dispensers and a bit frail nylon gear that indexed the rotating upper turret. It used a single typical shell holder. It was fantastic for pistols and 5.56.

The other LEE progressive stuff I’d steer clear myself. But they may have got it figured out by now.