here we go...for ladies or WB

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 16:16 (897 days ago)

Car Manufacturers Target Women and Arkansas people With New Warning Lights Reading 'Check Engine, Or Don't, Whatever, It's Probably No Big Deal'

ON MY '90 LTD I

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 17:39 (897 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

JUST PUT A STICKER OVER THE LIGHT. WWORKED FINE FOR SEVERAL YEARS UNTIL SOMEONE HIT ME HEAD ON.

2000 JEEP CHEROKEE

BUCKWHEAT
[subject]
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 21:36 (897 days ago) @ JT

PROBBLY OVER 80,000 MILES SINCE THE LIGHT WENT ON ON THAT OLD CLUNKER

I bought my daughter a 2001 Grand Cherokee

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 08:54 (897 days ago) @ BUCKWHEAT

it was the same age as her and super clean. A little old lady bought it new, one owner. 4x4 so it would hopefully be useful in inclement weather. It's tricky on ice!

They are not very good automobiles. BUT they are popular and literally EVERYTHING that can go wrong with them is well documented and at least someone's attempted remedy is only a few clicks away on a forum or youtube.

Electrics are dodgey. The wires crack and break at the point of the rubber boot transitions at the front door hinges. Right now we have issues with door locks and power windows from there. Also keeping the turn signal relay working and taillights operational in general is a pain. May the force be with you. The "bulbs" are held in carriers that also have the contacts for the friction connections located in the tail light lens. These lens are on circuit boards that are prone to fail.

Just a head's up. Also do not waste your time on a Chilton's manual as it does NOT cover 2000 models. The schematics and type connectors are only shown for 1998 and older models. Get a Haynes book.

SPOT ON WB

BUCKWHEAT
[subject]
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 10:55 (897 days ago) @ WB

EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS TRUE BUT OURS JUST KEPT ON RUNNING
BACK IN THE DAY WE MADE AT LEAST A DOZEN ROUND TRIPS IN THAT THING FROM LOCUT GROVE TO A BIT PAST ALBUQUERQUE
POUNDED THRU AMARILLO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT LIKE A CHAMP
NEVER MISSED A LICK OR STRANDED EITHER ONE US
GOT A GUY AT THE LUMBER YARD THAT BUGS ME TO BUY IT EVERY TIME I GO THERE
BRAND NEW DODGE PICK UP STRANDED ME IN THE CANYON EAST OF ABQ IN THE DEAD OF WINTER -- 12 DEGREES & BLOWING LIKE MAD - WALKED 6 MILES IN THAT BEFORE A LADY HI-PO PICKED ME UP & TOOK ME HOME TWO WEEKS LATER TOOK IT BACK TO OKLAHOMA & THE WARNING THING BONGED AT ME FROM AMARILLO TILL LOCUST GROVE -- TRADED IT IN 2 DAYS LATER FOR A TACOMA

Silly talk, it’s a Ford you know!

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 19:17 (897 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

- No text -

I don't consider myself a Ford man as I have had

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 11:17 (897 days ago) @ WB

several Jeeps, mostly CJ-7s, a handful of sports cars including BMW Z-3, Austin Healey 3000, Triumph Spitfire among others, and currently have a GMC 4X4 truck, a Nissan 12 passenger van, a Nissan Armada, a Ford Expedition (had 2 of them) and a Ford '86 Bronco, (had 4 Broncos). And I will have to say I have never had any problems with any of my Fords other than small normal stuff. And have used and abused each of them.

Ford owners catch a lot of flack, but its

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 15:40 (896 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

whistling in the graveyard by Chevy owners. Usually Dodge guys keep quiet so not to draw fire from both parties. lol

Yea just don’t ignore it if the light is flashing!

Blake
[subject]
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 04:14 (897 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Then you will damage the engine, and quick!

Oh but it stopped steaming, it must be ok now…….

MTM
[subject]
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 07:49 (897 days ago) @ Blake

- No text -

On a Ford if you try to by-pass the light, it won't run!

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 09:02 (897 days ago) @ MTM

If it is an EGR failure or some oxygen sensor many times the system will default and still operate in a pre-programmed mode that is less efficient.

I'm certain Blake could teach a class on that. My F150 has a "dead EGR" and it will forever be so. Our Nissan has a check light on but it's a "Fuel level sensor" the gauge only works above 1/2 tank. Roman works around it. I'm procrastinating dropping the tank to get to the pump and float switch. We'll probably never get to it unless the fuel pump dies. We pulled the bed on the Ford F150 to replace it, less than $100.00 DIY.