REMINGTON MODEL 660 .308

paul lauer
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 08:57 (926 days ago)

I have a couple of question regarding the gun.

1. Is there a need to replace the trigger due to the recall that Remington issued on the safety issues that occurred with these particular triggers that are in this vintage rifle. If it should be replaced would Timney be a good option?

2. I am looking for a good basic 1-4 scope to put on it does anyone have any suggestions on anything that isn't illuminated, tactical, sniper wannabe reticle? I have been searching all over for basic duplex reticle 1-4 scope and have turned up zero.

Thanks in advance.

Look at the Leupold Ultralight series. They sell

Zollie
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:19 (926 days ago) @ paul lauer

a 6oz 2.5x fixed power, and were making also a more expensive variable, but make sure it not a LER version as many sellers do not know/care as to the difference. I have the 2.5 on every long gun in house, from rimfire to big bore. Bright and rugged and affordable.

Timney is the way to go for the new trigger and I would

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:51 (926 days ago) @ Zollie

check on one of the straight 4X scopes for that gun. Normally considerably less expensive than the variables. I have put several on Colleen's and Kase's large caliber rifles.

Remington Model 660 trigger

mountainwanderer
[subject]
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 12:55 (925 days ago) @ paul lauer

Paul, some of us (me, friends & gun club acquaintances) never had a problem. But some did, including a few fellow armed forces folks. We tried giving them a good bump when cocked (empty chambers please!) and also worked the actions real hard plus put the safety on and off multiple times in a row. If they failed any of these, we had them worked-on (pre-lawsuit craze) or replaced. Can vouch for Timney (still miss Canjar). But, as I said, many of them never, ever, had any issue of any kind. Unfortunately, many nowadays have had no real gun experience or background so unsafe practices abound, including sweeping muzzles all over the place. So replacing any iffy or ultra-light ones is probably the best bet. That way an inadvertent bump or drop will hopefully not end tragically...