Recent Lion Hunt for Gary and friends

Ronnie P
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 00:40 (921 days ago)

We’re you able to get permission to import any of the lions?

Nope that’s not going to happen

Blake
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 03:20 (921 days ago) @ Ronnie P

- No text -

right now there are several animals tht are not importable

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:58 (921 days ago) @ Ronnie P

into the states. The lion is one of them. There is a way to do so that is still a bit iffy. It is the enhancement program. Our taxidermy is checking on that. Either way, we knew ahead of time that there was a good chance we would not be able to bring them back in. The hunt itself was well worth what we spent. And contrary to what one know it all said on here it was not a cull hunt. It was a standard male lion hunt to keep the male lions in check due to no hunters in the area for almost 2 years due to the covid crap and the lion population was getting a bit out of hand. If this hunt became available again I would go in a minute.

GNR is right. I have been waiting 3 years for word on my

R. Anderson
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:45 (921 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Polar bear that has been on the non ship list along with several of my African trophies. One of my hunting friends has been waiting almost 3 years for his African lion to be shipped. No word on when that will be. He also has a Bontebok that is at least 3 years old. The anti hunters are pushing for the many countries to put various animals on the embargo list, for no reason at all.

now that R. Anderson mentioned it, I shot a

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 12:23 (921 days ago) @ R. Anderson

Bontebok in 2018 and still haven't heard any word on it yet. It also may be on the non importable list too.
[image]

Haven't got my wife's Bontebuck back yet even though the

Lymey
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 18:44 (920 days ago) @ R. Anderson

PH said that wouldn't be a problem.

Case by case basis; yeah right

Ronnie Pace
[subject]
Monday, October 11, 2021, 21:52 (920 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

It is ridiculous that an animal hunted legally in a foreign country can’t be imported because the government caved to some bunny huggers. Let the countries that have the critters make the call on whether they are endangered.

Remember the Government doesn’t think logically,

MTM
[subject]
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 06:17 (920 days ago) @ Ronnie Pace

- No text -

look at the money lost to the countries involved

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 11:45 (920 days ago) @ Ronnie Pace

figure $85,000 and up for a polar bear, $165,000 for a white rhino, $125,000 and up for an elephant, $85,000 for a male lion and so on. The countries involved could rake in a lot of money for conservation by these animals being taken and imported. And the amount of animals taken wouldn't cause any imbalance in the species, especially if they limit the kill to the old bulls that are not in the breeding herd anymore. Also not that many hunters could afford those prices and if they limited the take to 2 or 3 old bulls a year the money accrued would make a difference. But very few hunters would spend that kind of money knowing they couldn't import the mount into the states,