I found a longun I took a shine to…

WB
[subject]
Saturday, September 25, 2021, 20:38 (936 days ago)

I know I’m supposed to be shedding space taking long arms but this is different. It’s a Shiloh Sharps “J.P, Germer” model that was made in very limited numbers. It’s an octagon tubed rig with real nice Maple (!) and browned furniture with German silver odd pieces and end cap. It’s a sensible .45-70 Govt. cal. Bore is perfect. It’s been hunted with a tiny bit but in very good condition. Marked “Old Reliable” inside a banner.

It’s probably an earlier piece. I noted the butt piece was a two piece unit, browned as I mentioned. It’s just so full of character. It makes me want to get it and buy a pony! All these old westerns I been watching; it gets real when the hero pulls the Sharps out and takes out the Indian with the most feathers!

What’s the relation with “Shiloh” and “C. Sharps”? Two different competitors!

“J.P. Gemmer”. Spell check did it again.

WB
[subject]
Saturday, September 25, 2021, 20:40 (936 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

AND YOU BLAMED SPELL CHECK AGAIN

JT
[subject]
Saturday, September 25, 2021, 21:51 (936 days ago) @ WB

FOR YOUR MISTAKE.

I think he means "auto-correct".

auto-victim
[subject]
Sunday, September 26, 2021, 09:53 (936 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

Yes, it confounding. Artificial intelligence

WB
[subject]
Sunday, September 26, 2021, 12:35 (936 days ago) @ auto-victim

Changes it to what IT thinks you intended. I didn’t turn the feature on (I use an iPhone) they did it automatically with some update. Takes three attempts to spell that particular word. Lol

They were once partners so to speak

Ronnie P
[subject]
Saturday, September 25, 2021, 20:50 (936 days ago) @ WB

C Sharps was the distributor arm of Shiloh Sharps but eventually split to form their own company. C Sharps Arms retained the use of “Old Reliable” so Shiloh can’t put that in their guns. They are on the same street in Big Timber Montana. Shiloh makes everything lock, stock and barrel for their guns. I have owned numerous Shilohs and only one C Sharps and it was one of the owner’s personal guns and it was nice but just didn’t feel right. The Shilohs just feel right and look right. Their parts will also interchange with the originals.

That goes along with this being an early gun

WB
[subject]
Saturday, September 25, 2021, 21:19 (936 days ago) @ Ronnie P

I think the buttplate does too. It is a Shiloh and marked "Old Reliable" so that was when they were working together I guess. I think some were made in N.Y. maybe. I'm going to try to work a trade on it Monday and I'll check it.

This one was very uniquely styled. That is what got my attention.

Yep, Farmingdale NY before they moved to Montana

Ronnie P
[subject]
Sunday, September 26, 2021, 14:59 (936 days ago) @ WB

And then split up. Wolfgang Droge was the original owner. After the move to Montana the Bryan family bought Shiloh.

Sounds very nice!

Brian T
[subject]
Sunday, September 26, 2021, 05:45 (936 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Gemmer

Tebbeman
[subject]
Sunday, September 26, 2021, 09:44 (936 days ago) @ WB

WB, if you pass on this rifle, please share the info with me as I have been looking for one. Thanks. KT

I will do. It’s not cheap but worth it for the rarity.

WB
[subject]
Sunday, September 26, 2021, 12:31 (936 days ago) @ Tebbeman

- No text -