In researching the Cap & Ball guns and shooting

WB
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 09:48 (920 days ago)

(I learn something new every day) even though I've been shooting them since I was 14 yr. old. There is a fellow on youtube that seems pretty legit. I think I have heard his name before. Not wanting to use this forum to beat up anyone, but is he established in published BP articles? His name is Blackie Thomas.

Everyone has their own character, even me. He seems to have done some homework on the subjects and I find from him good topics to further my inquiries.

Anyone ever hear of him or is he an internet newbie?

You made me look...

AmBraCol
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 11:13 (920 days ago) @ WB

the name rang a faint bell. Yep, I've watched a few of his videos. His 'tube channel goes back 11 years.

https://blackoracle69.wixsite.com/blackbirdoutdoors

That's a website, but he's apparently mostly a youtube presence. Don't know anything else about him.

He does survival stuff too

steve todd
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 12:06 (920 days ago) @ AmBraCol

Yes knowledgeable on knives tomahawks knapsacks (has his own brand) works at WalMart. He’s only been wrong on one thing black powder, and i don’t remember what that was (burn rate or propellent vs explosive most likely).. I enjoy his videos and have for a long time. Mostly entry level stuff but well thought out.
My $.02

BLACKIE HAS BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME. THE RELIABLE

JT
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 13:54 (920 days ago) @ WB

ONES I HAVE FOUND ARE HIM, DUELIST1954 (MIKE BELIVEAU), HR FUNK, AND RAM MOUNTAIN ARMORY. THERE MAY BE OTHERS . THERE ARE ALSO SEVERAL VERY BORING AND SOME WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT FROM THE FOUR MENTIONED. OUT THIS MORNING SHOOTING A 12" PIETTA .44 AND A 8" PIETTA BRASS FRAME .44, BOTH REMINGTONS. SHOOT VERY WELL WITH NO MIS-FIRES; NO CAP JAMS. OF COURSE BOTH HAVE SLIX -SHOT STAINLESS STEEL NIPPLES. Beautiful morning. Finally the smoke is gone after several months. Then coming back home we ran into a huge fire on the side of a hill in the very exclusive, expensive housing area about 10 miles south of town. Looks like they had the fire contained with about 10 trucks on the premises. Her wonder how in the world it started. It is nowhere near where someone could've thoughtlessly thrown out a cigarette.