Benjamin, he’s a good boy. My youngest.

WB
[subject]
Sunday, September 19, 2021, 20:10 (948 days ago)

He wanted an upgrade AR15. I gave him one some time ago, an old CAR-15 converted to gas-piston. So I sold it and adding another $300 more… he pieced together what HE wanted. The lower has not come in as of yet, it has the SB4 brace on it. So he’s borrowing my bottom half that used a SB3. Benjamin’ s rig sports a optic, flip up MP sights, angled hand stop, quad picatinny, door breacher suppressor, and a big lumen flashlight.

We sighted it in today. He has some hunting interest with it. Benj is very happy!

[image]

You are a great dad!

Drdougrx
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 06:39 (948 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

Lol, I’m selfish. Making my own shooting buddies!

WB
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 07:40 (948 days ago) @ Drdougrx

- No text -

THEY'RE TOTALLY ADDICTIVE

BUCKWHEAT
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 07:27 (948 days ago) @ WB

AND I SEE WHY NOW
MY SON NEVER HAD A HUGE INTEREST IN GUNS TILL HIS BUDDY BUILT HIM ONE
NOW HE'S GOT ONE WITH ALL KINDS OF STUFF ON IT
AND IT IS A NEAT LITTLE GUN
HE'S UP TO HIS EYEBALLS IN IT NOW

It don’t take long to figure out all that stuff

WB
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 07:39 (948 days ago) @ BUCKWHEAT

Adds bulk. We have several in our collection to compare. I built a .350 hunting carbine for myself since I like the .351 Winchester so much. I also have a 5.56 pistol and 9mm also. The 9mm is fun, the 5.56 is horrific as to muzzle blast (bought it from Kase!).

I still have an A2 HB 20” upper with no bolt. I like the classic rifle and have been thinking of building a pencil barrel A2. It will cost about $350 from here. Folks are snapping up 20” light barrels for building A1 clones. I sold one for over $1000!

I’ve learned to be very selective what I stick on my rifle, pistol, or shotgun.

WB did you get a Bear Creek 350 upper?

Derek
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 08:05 (948 days ago) @ WB

- No text -

I think so, I've used a half dozen of theirs

WB
[subject]
Monday, September 20, 2021, 09:41 (948 days ago) @ Derek

and the Palmetto lowers too. All are military spec so they interchange and work fine, seem to be of fine quality. It does not take much to make an AR shoot stellar. All of ours will do 1 MOA if you can hold it.

I was getting 2250 fps from a 16" .358/200 gr. cast RCBS RN. Beat out the old .35 Rem. in my 336 Marlin I used to shoot. Shot fantastic and out performed the .351 WSL. BUT I was using my old .357 Maximum data that I have used for years in that smaller capacity case in TC Contenders. It is about TWO GRAINS OVER MAX according to the Hodgdon manual!!! I'm now at a loss, is the much stronger gun safe to use with my old load, have powers and primers changed? The .350 case has more capacity than my .357 Max. cases.

I also made up a combination of upper and lower in .450 Bushmaster 10.5". What a hoot! A friedn wanted it and I let it go, not very practical but it shot .45 Colt projectiles and re-sized .458" bullets to 340 grs. wonderfully. I did have to coat the cast bullets for the gas system housekeeping.

I've shot the .458 SOCOM and .50 BW. All the same, it just depends on what bullet you want to shoot and how much you are willing to spend on those brass cases you are slinging into the bushes!