41mag bisley hunter w/ 44mag cylinder

Brant
[subject]
Thursday, September 09, 2021, 19:40 (959 days ago)

I think it was the first ever run of the 41 magnum bisley hunters, but it very well could have been the next time they came around. I looked for months for one and thought I was too late, then I scored one from a nice dealer from Oklahoma if I remember correctly. When it arrived I had to wait a week or so before shooting it due to a huge work load. I did handle it nearly every night, ordered a new scope, dies, proper bullets and a few boxes of loaded ammo. One morning I was looking it over drinking coffee and there it was on the cylinder “44 magnum “ and on the frame was marked “41 magnum “. CRAP.

I diD not have a loaded 41 magnum round but did have a box of 44 magnums and they fit right in that cylinder. I looked in the box and found the fired brass that came from the factory and it was marked 44 magnum. A buddy came over later and measured the barrel and it was a 41 cal.

I called Ruger and they promptly sent me a shipping label to return it and later called and told me it was destroyed and they would send me a new 44 magnum as they had no more 41s as it was a limited run. No thank you. Says I. Don’t want a 44. I want a 41 bisley, hunter. It took about 4 months and me calling every couple of weeks but one day the local Pawn shop called me up and said that he had a gun for me to pick up. Funny thing is I never told them Where to send it. This place refused to do transfers but said he would in this case for $50! I called the lady up at Ruger and told her that this is not my Transfer person and I normally paid $15! I guess they paid it because he handed me the paperwork to fill out, made his call, and gave me my Ruger. Crazy

I've know JimT has shot...

AmBraCol
[subject]
Friday, September 10, 2021, 07:09 (959 days ago) @ Brant

45 Colt through a 44 barrel, but don't recall him shooting anything that's that wildly different in diameter. It's amazing what you can get away with SOMETIMES. I know a man who built a 38 Spl bolt action - using an old Thompson Center Cherokee 32 caliber barrel. He just cut off the breech end, hand made a reamer and ran it into the breech end. The rest of the rifle was fabbed together out of miscellaneous bits and pieces and resembled an old Remington 22 LR bolt gun, down to using the bolt handle as a lug. I'd dearly love to see what the slugs look like after squeezing their way down THAT narrow tube.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted out. Weird how they managed to let it out the door in the first place.