Maybe if I do it a piece a t time..

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 06:44 (1109 days ago)

It won't be so bad. I have this little custom Uberti 1861 .36 and was looking at the Cylinder conversions. (I need to get it to GNR for bluing) They have some really nice ones with loading gates too. The .36 is actually a .375 bore and they make cartridge conversions in .38 Special for them. Obviously there is a big difference in .358-.375"! That requires a big "bump up" with the bullet.

[image]

The conversion sales tells the soft lead hollow base wadcutters are what's called for. The hollow skirts are said to bump up enough. I've done that with some success firing a .386" hollow base bullet in a heel chambered .41 Colt with .403" bore. It does work pretty good. I've read that black powder and it's fast ignition was great at bumping up the softer alloy bullets to fit the bore. I wonder is it that much better than a fast smokeless like Bullseye?

It would be an interesting accessory.

https://www.kirstkonverter.com/1851-61-colt-navy.html

I HAVE THESE FOR

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 07:43 (1109 days ago) @ WB

REMINGTON AND COLT .36 REPLICAS AS WELL AS FOR .44 REMINGTON AND RUGER. THE LATTER ARE IN .45 COLT AND .45 ACP. BUFFALO ARMS OFFERS SOFT CAST .357" BULETS WHICH EXPAND TO FIT THE BORE OF THE .36 SIXGUNS

THEY ARE ALSO HOLLOW BASE

JT
[subject]
Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 07:45 (1109 days ago) @ JT

- No text -

WHen you've had about everything else

WB
[subject]
Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 11:20 (1109 days ago) @ JT

These old conversion replicas are a very handsome diversion. The quality for the cash certainly is favorable. While not modern they certainly work as well as they ever did. Blowing a hole in something is the same today as 150 yrs. ago.

Fiddling with old tech and making it work as it should is very enjoyable to me. The .22 RF converter is very clever and I am impressed with the sporty look and design of the ejector systems.

I need to slug the bore of the old Euroarms 1860 to see what it really is. Even though I think I'll trade it off for a Uberti.