Browning Buckmark 10"" bull barrel

Sean Harper
[subject]
Monday, April 05, 2021, 07:50 (1111 days ago)

2 weeks ago I bought a USED -Buckmark 10 " bull barrel off of GB , buying used guns will get you in trouble some times but I always wanted a 10" Buckmark.
Took the gun to the range fired about 1 out of 8 times, ooouch! took the gun apart and noticed the front bushing of the recoil spring assy was destroyed, replaced and went back to range, fired about 6 times in a row and then went back to 1 out of 8. @#$&^(*(&%^$#.
Took it apart again front bushing was destroyed again. Decided to call Gary for advice he does not have much experience with the Buckmarks so I called WB and he gave a proper Engineers answer....consult drawings, so that is what I did. Sure enough there it was.... the recoil spring assy should have 2 bushings , 1 in front (a black hard plastic piece) and 1 in back (white or black soft plastic) behind the hammer area. The gun did not even have this piece in there when I bought it.
Took the gun to the range and it fired about 1 out 4, during this time I had already ordered a new recoil spring assy ,bushings- front and back and firing pin. None of this was easy to find because this gun is pre 2000 ...all the new stuff has different recoil assy and firing pin.
So back to the gun...1 out of 4, decided to take out firing pin and compare the old FP to the new FP, you could tell immediately the old FP was wore out, changed FP and went back to range... gun fired perfectly 100%.
Thanks to Scotty for the help .Gun shoots very good with
Aguila and some old lead ammo (not sure of maker).the scope is an old red dot.

Sean

[image]

used guns

Rex
[subject]
Monday, April 05, 2021, 08:57 (1111 days ago) @ Sean Harper

It is amazing what you can find inside of a used gun.
I recently bought a Wyoming Arms Parker in 10mm. These pistols have a reputation for poor reliability. It is common for people to do a little "shade tree" gunsmithing on them, so I took it apart as soon as I got it. The previous owner had replaced the slide stop, recoil spring guide, recoil spring plug and recoil spring. The parts appeared to be from a 1911, with some file work. The ejector was broken and re-welded. I found some parts online and installed them.
I haven't had a chance to fire it yet.

Fusion 1911

Carl L
[subject]
Tuesday, April 06, 2021, 17:18 (1109 days ago) @ Rex

Bought someone's kit gun (as in assemble it yourself)that "knew" guns, didn't know 1911 guts for beans. Hammer followed the slide. Trigger, sear and disconnector polished into scrap. Paid a guy that does know how to fix it. Now I have a nice adjustable sight commander 45, still not into it too bad at all.

I had one just like it myself. We installed a then new

WB
[subject]
Monday, April 05, 2021, 10:50 (1111 days ago) @ Sean Harper

Bushnell 2-6x scope and shot 1/5 scale steel chickens (about the size of a chicken egg) at 100 meters! It was too easy. I liked the grip angle better and just wanted something besides a Ruger auto. That was about it back then except for a rare Colt or High Standard. My 1957 Ruger MKI 6-7/8 can still shoot a about a 2" group at 100 yds. on demand. It's almost unbelievable, the mechanical accuracy. I've shot many black birds out to crazy ranges. The hogs ate them right up with glee, feathers, beaks, and all.

I get into these situations all the time. I used to fight it, but embrace it now. We end up knowing way more about things that we originally set out. LOL I'm wrestling with a High standard Derringer right now. I'll have a pHD in them before it's all over!

Thanks my friend, I am about to start reloading 22LR

Sean Harper
[subject]
Monday, April 05, 2021, 11:05 (1111 days ago) @ WB

I got 2000 primed 22LR cases off of GB and bought a 3 cavity MP .22-37gr HP mold and will be taking a dive into 22 LR. Cost on the 2000 cases- $67 , not bad.
I have not cast any bullets yet but when I do I will text you to see if you want to try some.

Sean

Primed cases! That does sound fun. Denning spotted me

WB
[subject]
Monday, April 05, 2021, 12:01 (1111 days ago) @ Sean Harper

a handful to play with. The re-loading and priming rimfire cases is interesting but I understand the mix is corrosive. So a guy needs to stay on top of that. But primed cases that is fantastic. I was not thinking in that manner.

What kind of fast burning powder is used in a 22 LR ?

jthomson
[subject]
Wednesday, April 07, 2021, 14:52 (1109 days ago) @ Sean Harper

- No text -