Pistol scope repair: Tasco and Redfield

John W
[subject]
Saturday, March 06, 2021, 08:56 (1147 days ago)

Hello All:

I did some internet searching and I could not find anyone who repairs old Tasco handgun scopes.

I have a Tasco 1.5x with the illuminated post handgun scope that needs to be refurbished. The front lens is smoky and seems to have broken a thin rubber seal. After decades of service on all manner of pistols I guess it gave up the ghost.

Being somewhat frugal I was thinking of having it repaired. I can't seem to find anyone who will do such a repair.

In addition I have an older Redfield 2-6 x variable handgun scope that also needs to be cleared up and possibly the tube replaced. Again it has seen some punishment.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you

Unfortunately optics are disposable

WB
[subject]
Saturday, March 06, 2021, 10:24 (1147 days ago) @ John W

Tasco used to have a stateside outlet but I am sure it's long closed. I can't imagine a place being profitable repairing such things and carrying the required unique and specific lens, parts, and seals.

However Weaver did in TX. I saw some specialty re-furbished steel tube Weavers at an asking price of $350+.

I have a bunch of China cheapies for target shooting and range work ($50-75 - fixed power models are more robust). In reality they work great. Until you get 1000 miles from home and $2500 is depending on that ONE shot. lol

CHECK WITH LEUPOLD ON REDFIELD.

JT
[subject]
Saturday, March 06, 2021, 10:24 (1147 days ago) @ John W

- No text -

Tasco is owned by Bushnell which in turn is owned by Vista

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Saturday, March 06, 2021, 12:10 (1147 days ago) @ John W

you might try Bushnell and see what they say.

Try this guy

Blake
[subject]
Saturday, March 06, 2021, 15:21 (1147 days ago) @ John W