talking about the shortages being in every

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Friday, March 05, 2021, 15:58 (1141 days ago)

facet of our country, I got this from one of the Misfits....

Gary .. on the Forum you were talking about shortages of everything. During the ice storm here in Texas our "on demand" hot water heater froze and broke a water connection. Not supposed to .. but it did. We were on it right away and got it shut off before we had massive water damage. But we had to replace the hot water heater.

Called in a plumber who confirmed we needed a new one. He said he could order one but he did not know when we could get it. There were so many broken in Texas that these tankless water heaters are non-existent in the State. The manufacturers are limiting how many they will send to Texas in order to have some for customers in other States.

I got one by calling my nephew who owns a plumbing business in Phoenix. He had it shipped to me and the plumber came and installed it the day after we received it. But that is just one illustration of how shortages happen. And it IS affecting everything in the country. I am doubtful it will be resolved any time soon.

For months Freezers were unavailable. Refrigerators...

Huey
[subject]
Saturday, March 06, 2021, 05:37 (1140 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Weren't much better. Our places were ok, but helping after the freeze I quickly learned PVC Pipe and Fittings were extinct.

So many empty shelves in stores in every department...

Trying to cover bases

Mike horn
[subject]
Saturday, March 06, 2021, 18:38 (1139 days ago) @ Huey

I've been trying to think about all areas and get my holes filled for when the sky falls in.
The harder you think....the more crap you need laying around

The suppliers will send all that you need if you

Paul
[subject]
Saturday, March 06, 2021, 07:33 (1140 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Just smile and tell them that you love them...