I unpacked about a thousand lbs of lead and

gary reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, March 03, 2021, 21:07 (1121 days ago)

linotype along with some mono type this afternoon. I had several full boxes of actual original linotype and monotype. For those not familiar with the two, the linotype is a full line of words for printing in a book. Monotype is a single letter to do the same. Printers would put the linotype and monotype in a holder forming sentences (and everything was backwards). Then it would be inked and sheets of paper would be run over the words and letters and under pressure it would be a page in a book printed out. Very few printers use that method anymore and the linotype and monotype letters and words are pretty rare. I will show more tomorrow.

I also found large blocks of hard lead and linotype, in probably 3 and 5 lb blocks. I also found a bunch of 50/50 bars of lead and tin. Most of what I found today is considerably more expensive than the wheel weight lead we have sold over the past few days. The linotype bars are about 1/2" wide and 1/4" thick and maybe 14" long. It is expensive but a piece about the size of a marble will harden up a 20 lb pot of wheel weights so a bar lasts a long time.

Linotype

SDD
[subject]
Thursday, March 04, 2021, 08:53 (1121 days ago) @ gary reeder

I would love to get 40lb of the linotype if/when you are ready to sell some as I am on my last 5lb or so. I would also be interested in some of the 50/50 bars.
Thanks
Scott

You sneaky buzzards, lining up already! lol

WB
[subject]
Thursday, March 04, 2021, 11:07 (1121 days ago) @ SDD

I don't blame you, high demand, hard to find. Goes a long way too. Being somewhat self sufficient does help one feel better in these uncertain times. I'm all in.

I have some Linotype with words and advertising phrases on it. I don't know if I should use it or save it as antiques. Lots of guys are buying up junk or damaged Pewter. It has a special stamp on the bottom so you don't mix it up with other pot metal junk. Pewter is 90+% tin!

I'd like a couple of bars when you get ready to sell

Grover Sr
[subject]
Thursday, March 04, 2021, 09:54 (1121 days ago) @ gary reeder

- No text -

lead

Mike B
[subject]
Thursday, March 04, 2021, 10:09 (1121 days ago) @ gary reeder

I would be interested if you have any more of the wheel weight lead and some linotype.