Arrgh. Sciatica

John W
[subject]
Monday, February 22, 2021, 18:57 (1158 days ago)

The other day I decided to spend my lunch hour walking around the woodlands that are part of the campus. It is an island in a sea of suburbia for a lack of a better term.

Well. Post holing through snow did something. It strained my back muscles so now I am fighting the pains of sciatica.

I did have a professional massage this afternoon when I got out of work but I am not sure if it did too much to alleviate my pain.

I hate to say it but I do believe a trip to the doctor is needed and most likely get a prescription of muscle relaxers.

It is not fun being limited.

I know your pain and frustration! Hope you get

Derek
[subject]
Monday, February 22, 2021, 20:36 (1158 days ago) @ John W

Relief soon!

In a previous life I was an athletic trainer.

Tom Frick
[subject]
Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:09 (1157 days ago) @ John W

You may want to try a high-density round foam roller and work your sciatica and surrounding back and leg muscles.You can get these at Walmart, Target or the such. Shouldn't be any more than $20. Follow the instructions and focus on the inflamed area. These work great for me. Then, use it before and after your days afield. This has worked for a lot of folks I know including me. As Gary says, your mileage may vary.

I suffer with sciatic pain, too. Being a truck driver and

Flatwater
[subject]
Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 11:13 (1157 days ago) @ John W

Sitting on my butt doesn’t help. But my little coon dog rides with me most of the time, so we get out for little walks several times a day. That keeps it at bay most of the time.