Winchester mod 88

Brant
[subject]
Monday, February 22, 2021, 10:55 (1159 days ago)

I know a guy that I’m trying to work a trade with for his browning BLR 308. It is a later model. He isn’t jumping up and down to trade but is offering a mod 88 also in 308. I don’t know much about them, but it is clean.

Any insight on the 88? Should I grab it and run or hold out on the BLR.
Thanks

Winchester Mod. 88 trigger

Ray
[subject]
Monday, February 22, 2021, 14:58 (1159 days ago) @ Brant

I have a pre-64 Mod. 88 and they're nice, handsome rifles, if mine is any indication. The complaint about them is that they don't usually have nice crisp trigger pulls. The BLR I have in 358 Winchester also looks nice and it has a nice trigger pull. I've read that if the BLR action goes out of whack it can be problematic to get back to working condition again. But keep in mind that I read that and haven't experienced it. Maybe you can work a deal where you just buy the rifle from him.

Brant

Clint H
[subject]
Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 10:08 (1158 days ago) @ Brant

Brant Either model is kind of a tossup both are good guns I’ve owned several BLR’s they’re exceptionally good guns but so is the model 88 although I’ve never owned one my brother-in-law has one that he has shot deer and elk every year for the last 50 years. He hasn’t had any trouble with it he probably shoots less than 100 rounds a year but it’s still a good gun, I would look at the overall condition of both guns and if they’re in good shape I would take whichever one that suits your fancy or that you can make a deal for I’m sure you’ll be happy with either one.