Colt and CZ

Robt
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 15:55 (1171 days ago)

Is there any truth to the rumored reports that CZ purchased Colt Firearms? I don't know what to make of this, but Colt really does need some guidance to stay afloat. Personally I have been amazed at their efforts to resurrect the Cobra, Python and King Cobra. I hope there will be more to come. I've always been a Colt fan.

I did read this earlier...

Huey
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 16:27 (1171 days ago) @ Robt

CZ is capable of building extremely good firearms. My

gary reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 18:29 (1170 days ago) @ Huey

only wonder is will they concentrate on semi autos as they did when they bought out Dan Wesson. There is a tremendous call for the DW Super Mags, the 357, 414 and 445 but they have ignored that and just plow more and more expensive 1911s into an already crowded market. So, will they continue to build high dollar 1911s or venture into the unknown for them and build revolvers like the Python and the other snake guns. This will be good for Colt whichever way they are going as the re-make of their fine revolvers of the past has been clouded with some less than good specimens. I guess we shall see.

Wouldn't some nice New Frontiers in classic calibers...

Huey
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 18:40 (1170 days ago) @ gary reeder

Be wonderful? Get the tolerances right and hope the same from the Ruger-Marlins.

don't think it would ever happen. If they don't build

gary reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 18:44 (1170 days ago) @ Huey

the DW Super Mags when there is a lot of demand for them, I doubt they would build the New Frontier when there is very little demand for them. I could be wrong. I have been before, quite a few times.

Don't mean to rain on your parade.

gary reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 19:52 (1170 days ago) @ gary reeder

- No text -

You didn't and it's a longshot for sure...

Huey
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 20:06 (1170 days ago) @ gary reeder

Just figure it never hopes to dream. Colt has been a disappointment so many times. CZ on the other hand has impressed me with every product.

I always thought the New Frontier was the best looking

Ronnie P
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 20:37 (1170 days ago) @ Huey

Factory single action

One other forum I follow is DW owners

Grover Sr
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 19:10 (1170 days ago) @ gary reeder

I follow it for the revolver info but there's been a lor of chatter about the various 1911 models being dc'd. Not all butsome. I'd really like to see them do more revolvers too!

If any European company has to buy Colt

Greg M.
[subject]
Tuesday, February 02, 2021, 00:53 (1151 days ago) @ gary reeder

I don't mind that it's the Czechs.

http://www.mtv.com/news/821246/country-music-rules-in-czech-republic/

Very old article as the news cycle goes (2000) but still pertinent. As the man says, they always liked to tell the USSR to stick it.