Sighting in the .410 GNR

Ronnie P
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:26 (1197 days ago)

I am going to sight in the .410 GNR with some 170 gr JHP commercial loads. Is there anything I need to know or tips on shooting the Ultimate 410?

A consistent grip position is paramount

WB
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:37 (1197 days ago) @ Ronnie P

It influences the shooting considerably. I'd work on that a little before I fired a single shot. Resting the gun on a solid rest or even a V-rest be mindful of the side and forward cylinder flash. It can get a fellow beside you or some debris come back. I have blown tree bark into my face hunting more than once! Ouch!

[image]

I have a 410 GNR Stealth Hawk and

Lonnie
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 18:09 (1197 days ago) @ WB

words can’t adequately explain how much I love it. I shot a nice pig at a HHC in Tennessee with it using the 170 grain Sierra....although it may be on the light side for pigs, that 170 grain bullet dropped that pig on the spot. I’ve also shot several whitetail with it and most drop where they stand and none of the others took more than a few steps. That 170 grain Sierra performs way better than you may think. Judging by what I have seen based on how deer react when shot through the heart/lung area and what I have seen when dressing and processing the deer, it must deliver a terrific amount of shock in the vitals. Amazing is an understatement. If you place your shots where they belong with the right bullet, the 410 GNR will easily handle anything in the Lower 48.

I also learned to make sure the base pin is locked down

Ronnie P
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 19:18 (1197 days ago) @ Lonnie

- No text -

just treat it like a 44 mag revolver. The 170 grain load

Gary Reeder
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:49 (1197 days ago) @ Ronnie P

is the lighter load and a good deer load. The 210 grain, and 255 grain load are for larger critters and have a bit more recoil. But neither one is abusive. Our Gunfighter Grip helps take a lot of the felt recoil out and is a lot easier on your hand. But whichever load you go with the cartridge is easily handled. It is one of my 2 favorite revolver cartridges and has done very well for me.

OMG! That was a blast!

Ronnie P
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 13:44 (1197 days ago) @ Gary Reeder

Took a few shots at 25 yds and just had to move it about 1 1/2”!to the left to get it centered. It was about an inch high at 100 yds which works for me. I will go for longer later but I am taking it hunting in the morning since the stand I am going to the furthest I will have a shot is about 75 yds. This thing is a hoot to shoot! The trigger breaks smoothly and cleanly. Recoil is not bad at all with the 170 gr loads. Muzzle blast wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be but of course I was wearing ear muffs. I shot it off cross sticks like I will be using in the blind. If I can get a buck to cooperate it should be dead meat. I might need a .256 GNR or similar to shoot these Florida deer.

Sounds like you hooked on customs

MTM
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 16:41 (1197 days ago) @ Ronnie P

- No text -

Not my first rodeo

Ronnie P
[subject]
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 17:10 (1197 days ago) @ MTM

- No text -